How To Convert Women’s Shoe Size To Men’s Shoe Size
This post was last updated on March 23rd, 2022 at 06:57 pm
When you’re a tall lady, you most probably have a bigger shoe size. For women it’s not always easy to find appropriate shoes in bigger sizes. A helpful tip is to go looking in men’s sizes. Find out how to convert Women’s Shoe Size To Men’s Shoe Size in the below page. For US shoe sizing, there’s a 1.5-size difference between men’s & women’s US sizing.
Us Women’s to Men’s Shoe Size
The exact difference of sizing will vary depending on the brand, but in general, there’s about 1.5 sizes difference between the two departments.
- Men’s size 7 responds to a women’s 8.5
- Men’s size 7.5 responds to a women’s 9
- Men’s size 8 responds to a women’s 9.5
- Men’s size 8.5 responds to a women’s 10
- Men’s size 9 responds to a women’s 10.5
- Men’s size 9.5 responds to a women’s 11
- Men’s size 10 responds to a women’s 11.5
- Men’s 10.5 responds to a women’s 12
- Men’s 11 responds to a women’s 12.5
- Men’s 11.5 responds to a women’s 13
- Men’s 12 responds to a women’s 13.5
- Men’s 12.5 responds to a women’s 14
The most complete Women’s Shoe Size To Men’s Shoe Size conversion table
How to use the women’s to men’s shoe sizing chart
Most Shoe sizing systems have the same size indication for men to women’s shoes sizing, some haven’t, like the US, UK, Japanese shoe sizes. Discover them in the below table. Like in many of our size charts it’s best to start from your actual foot length. if you want to learn more: read the how to measure your foot length below or in our separate page
|U.S. & Canada||M||3½||4||4½||5||5½||6||6½||7||7½||8||8½||9||10½||11½||12½||14||U.S. & Canada||M|
|W||5||5½||6||6½||7||7½||8||8½||9||9½||10||10.5||12||13||14||15.5||U.S. & Canada||W|
|Russia & Ukraine||W||33½||34||35||36||37||38||39||Russia & Ukraine||W|
Women’s to Men shoe width
Widths, however, remain the same during conversion: if you wear a women’s D width, you will also wear a men’s D width.
Women’s shoe width
|3A, AAA, S||x-narrow or slim|
|2A, AA, N||narrow|
|A, B, M||regular|
|C, D, W||wide|
|2E, EE, 2XW||x-wide|
|4E, EEEE, 4XW||xx-wide|
Finding Your Shoe Size
From sports running shoes to men’s work boots, shoes are sized according to length and width. Understanding how your foot compares to the standard sizes will ensure your shoes fit perfectly, whether you buy them in a real store or order them online.
Measure your feet for the right shoes size
How do I know my Shoe size?
You will need: a pair of socks, a piece of paper or cardboard, a tape measure or ruler, and a pen
Time needed: 3 minutes.
How should shoes fit and how to define the perfect fitting shoe Size?
10 easy steps to measure your feet correctly:
- Measure your feet in the afternoon.
Your feet swell during the day, it’s best to measure your feet at their fullest
- Stand When Measuring
When in a wheelchair there’s no pressure on the feet, so it’s unnecessary to stand up.
- Wear socks
Most of the time, you wear socks. Make sure you wear socks when you measure your feet. If you plan to buy clogs or sandals, you can leave the socks behind.
- Be precise
- Measure both feet
Measure your left and right foot separately as they’re not the same length. Take the biggest measurement to determine your running shoes Size
- Stand on your piece of paper
Keeping your body weight over your foot, trace a thin line around the outside of your entire foot.
- Start drawing
When drawing the line, hold the pen perpendicular to the ground.
- Measure the length of your feet
Measure vertically down the length of your foot tracing. This is your foot length.
- Find your width fitting by drawing or with measuring tape
Measure horizontally across the widest part of your foot tracing. This is your foot width. A post dedicated on the importance of the width of shoes and the different width sizing systems for shoes you find here
- Determine your running shoe size in the conversion charts
Start from the measurement in inches or centimeters and define your size in the charts for women to mens size conversion
Helpful Measuring Tips and takeaways in a nutshell
Keep these tips in mind to help you get the best results from your measurement:
- Take your measurements at the end of the day
- When measuring, wear the socks or tights you plan to wear with this pair of shoes.
- Always trace and measure both feet.
- Use the largest foot to find your shoe size.
- to keep your balance while tracing, do it next to a chair or table that you can hold to steady yourself.
- Some people also find it easier to have a friend trace the foot.
Frequently asked questions about women’s to men’s shoe sizes
How to convert women’s shoe size to men’s shoe sizes?
The easiest way to convert a women’s shoe size to men’s size is using the above shoe size conversion chart. To make it easy, subtract 1.5 points from the women’s size. A women’s size 9.5 would be a men’s size 8, while a men’s size 7 would be a women’s 8.5.
What is a men’s shoe size 9 in Women’s shoe size?
A men’s size 9 will be a women’s size 10.5. There’s generally a 1.5 point difference. But this depends on the brand.
Can an woman wear men shoes?
Yes, women can wear men’s shoes. But, they’re usually half a size wider. Moreover, women’s shoe sizes are anywhere between 1.5 to 2 points more than men’s. Women who have wide feet may find it more comfortable to wear unisex designs made for men.
Women’s to men’s shoe size explained (video)
Conclusion on Women’s to Men’s shoe size conversion
When you buy a pair of shoes, you really want to have that pair that’s generally marketed to the opposite gender. If you find yourself in this situation, you can use the women’s shoe size to men’s shoe size chart to find out the opposite sex’s sizing. In general, women’s shoe sizes are about 1.5 points bigger than men’s shoe sizes in the US shoe sizing system, but the widths are roughly the same. The above shoe size charts are pretty useful, but if you can, try on the shoes before buying them.
Discover all related shoe size charts
- Birkis Size Chart and Sizing Guide
- Youth shoe size chart – US – UK – EU sizing
- New Balance nurse shoes size – all sizing charts for nursing shoes
- Timberland PRO Size chart – workshoes and boots sizing guide
- Shoes for crews size chart for men and women’s work shoes
- US to EU shoe size conversion made easy in inches and cm
- Mexico Shoe Size vs US Size: Easy size Charts for Men, Women & Kids
- Easy EU to US shoe size conversion with size tables (foot length, IN, Cm)
- Nike Air VaporMax size
- Adidas NMD size chart for men, women and kids
- Nike Huarache size chart for men, women and kids’ shoes
- Adidas Superstar Size chart for Men, women and kids’ sneakers
- Ariat Work Boot Size for men, women and kids (size charts included)
- Plus Size Boots size chart for adults and kids
- Air Jordan 6 Size Chart, conversion and Fitting
- Ariat Boots size chart for men, women and kids
- Boys Growth Chart – A Useful Size Guide For boys Shoes And Clothing
- Adidas Yeezy BSKTBL KNIT Size Chart and Fitting
- Balmain Shoes Size Chart and Fitting
- Nike Kobe Size Chart and Fitting for shoes and sneakers
- Dolce & Gabbana Shoes Size Chart and Fitting
- Yeezy Knit Runner Size Chart and Fitting
- Yeezy NSTLD Boot Size Chart and Fitting
- Adidas Forum Size Chart
- Reebok Cardi B Shoes Size Charts
- Air Jordan 2 Size Chart and Fitting
- Yeezy Desert Boot Size Chart and Fitting
- Moncler Shoes Size Chart and Fitting
- Valentino Shoes Size Chart and Fitting
- Fendi Shoes Size Chart and Fitting
- Louis Vuitton Slides Size Chart and Fitting
- Dior Slides Size Chart and Fitting
- Chanel Shoes Size Chart and Fitting
- Versace Shoes Size Chart and Fitting
- Prada Shoes Size Chart and Fitting
- Dior Shoes Size Chart and Fitting
- A Guide To Birkenstock Kids Size Charts
- Guide for Nike kids shoe sizing
- Skechers Kids shoe size Charts
- Adidas Kid’s shoe size Charts
- Nike Air Max 95 Size Chart and Fitting
- Nike Air Max 97 Size Chart and Fitting
- Birkenstock Size Chart
- Gucci Slides Size Chart and Fitting
- Jordan MA2 Size Chart and Fitting
- Yeezy Foam Runner Size Chart
- Nike Air Jordan 3 Size Chart and Fitting
- Adidas Yeezy Boost 380 Size Chart and Fitting
- Nike Air Force 1 Recycled Flyknit 2.0 Size Chart
- IVY PARK x Adidas ICY Park