Pinterest Pin Size Guide for Videos, Images, and More
This post was last updated on April 15th, 2023 at 04:26 pm
Pinterest is now one of the world’s most popular social media platforms. And with over 200 million monthly active users, it’s a great place to promote your business. But for your Pinterest pins to be effective, you need to use the right size images. What is the best Pinterest pin size?
The answer to this question depends on a few factors. The first is the type of device your audience is using. The optimal Pinterest image size for your pin is 1200 x 628 pixels. This site is also known as a 2:3 aspect ratio.
However, if most of your audience is using mobile devices, you may want to consider using a slightly different size. The recommended size for mobile pins is 600 x 900 pixels. This size is called a 1:1.5 aspect ratio.
There are still other things to consider. Read through this guide to learn everything you need to know about the right Pinterest pin size for your business.
Jump right into the Frequently Asked Questions
Table of Content of Pinterest Pin Size Guide
- What Size Is A Pinterest Pin?
- Pinterest Pin Size Chart
- What Are the Best Sizes for Pinterest Images for Your Business?
- Pinterest Pin Size Chart For Videos
- Measurements of Pinterest Pin with 2:3 Aspect Ratio
- Pinterest Pin Image Tips
- Frequently Asked Questions
What Size Is A Pinterest Pin?
The Pinterest pin dimensions also depend on the content you create. Infographic images need to have a minimum width of 600 pixels and a longer length to be shared on the site. For blog posts, you can use an image 700 pixels wide and up to 10MB in file size.
Pinterest Pin Size Chart
To help you to have the best image size for Pinterest, check out the size chart below. This will give you an idea of what size your Pinterest image should be.
|Size Type||Pixels (px)||Ratio|
Tip: Pinterest prefers larger images with higher resolutions. This is to avoid pixelation when the image is enlarged.
What Are the Best Sizes for Pinterest Images for Your Business?
One of the best things you can do to promote your business is to share quality images on social media sites.
One of the best ways for your business to expand is to use Pinterest. The main idea is to create awesome images for your Pinterest account. To do that you will need to optimize the size of these images for the best results.
Below are our recommended sizes you can for your Pinterest account:
Pinterest Board Cover Size
Pinterest board covers are useful for pinning images on your boards.
The cover photo should be big enough to stand out and capture attention. This is one of the best ways to promote your business. Our recommended size for Pinterest board cover size is 600 x 600 pixels.
Pinterest Profile Picture Size & Profile Cover Photo Size
There are two sizes of images you will need to consider. These are the profile picture and the cover photo size. Pinterest does not have an official size for the profile picture.
However, we recommend that the Pinterest cover photo size be at least 800 pixels wide x 450 pixels long. The recommended size is 1000 pixels wide x 500 pixels long. The aspect ratio for a Pinterest cover photo is 2:1. This means that the image’s width should be twice the height of the image.
Standard Pinterest Ad Size
There are different kinds of ads you can use on Pinterest. You have static ads, which are featured images. And you have carousel ads, just like regular slideshows, only with pictures.
The first type of ads you should consider using is static ads. These are the featured images you are going to use for your posts.
We would recommend that the size for static ads should be 1000×1500 pixels.
Did you know that 83% of US pinners per week purchase products they see from pins?
Carousel ads are composed of 2-5 images that are called “cards”.
You should use a carousel ad to display many images in one place. It is advisable to use a 2: 3 aspect ratio to make your carousel image look more attractive.
Pinterest Pin Size Chart For Videos
For video sizes, it is usually the ratio of width to length. The typical aspect ratio for a Pinterest pin is 2:3. Check table below for the accepted Pinterest video dimensions.
The recommended Pinterest standard video is 640×640 pixels (1:1). For long videos, the recommended size is 1200×627 pixels while for vertical videos, it is 9:16 or in pixel, 1080×1920 pixels. The pixel size of 1080×1920 would equate to mobile screen size.
For a better Pinterest video, we recommend that the video length for ads be between 6 to 12 seconds. For content video pins, the recommended length is 15 seconds to 1 minute. Pinterest is known for showing videos for the entire experience, so keeping the video length short is important.
Tip: Pick a cover image that matches the video content. It needs to be strong enough to attract potential viewers. The video is going to be embedded in your post, so you don’t want it to look like a random image. Instead, pick something that fits the video’s theme.
Measurements of Pinterest Pin with 2:3 Aspect Ratio
For better visualization of a 2:3 aspect ratio, here’s a table with an image’s corresponding width and length.
|Pixel (px)||Millimeter (mm)|
How To Choose The Right Pinterest Size For Your Content?
Creating content is not an easy task. You need to consider different things like the target audience, type of content, and devices they are using. With all of these factors, how do you know what size is best for your content?
Here are some tips to guide you in how to choose the right Pinterest pin size
1. Know your target audience
The first step is to know who your target audience is. This will help you determine what type of content they want to see and what devices they are using.
2. Consider the type of content you’re creating
The next step is to consider the type of content you’re creating. Is it an infographic? A blog post? A video? The size of your Pinterest pin will be different for each type of content.
3. Select the right size for each type of content
Once you know your target audience and the type of content you’re creating, you can select the right size for each type of content.
4. Test different sizes
After you’ve selected the right size for your content, it’s time to test different sizes. Try different sizes and see what works best for your business. Product contents on Pinterest are displayed in different ways. The recommended aspect ratio for a product pin is 1:1.5. This means that the image’s width should be 1.5 times the height of the image.
5. Use the right size for each platform
There are different social media platforms out there. Each one has its own optimal image size. Make sure you’re using the right size for each platform.
Square dimensions are best for Twitter, while landscape dimensions are best for Facebook. Infographics are best for Pinterest and blog posts.
Check out this Pinterest Marketing Strategy (video)
Pinterest Pin Image Tips
- Avoid abstract images. Focus on your product and use a photo of an actual product. Pinterest images should be simple, clean, and not too detailed.
- To keep a direct connection to your message, use images of objects that are familiar to your audience. Use high-quality photos.
- Titles and descriptions should be short and contain keywords that describe the image.
- Use a logo on every pin. If you have a logo that represents your brand, make sure it is used in every pin ́. Keep the same color palette. Pinterest allows users to create multiple boards, so it is recommended that you use a consistent color palette across all of your boards.
- Use a consistent font and size. Keep the text in your pins short, clear, and to the point. Use a simple, but an effective headline that is easy to read and understand. Make sure your copy is both readable and eye-catching for all target audiences.
- Check your link before publishing. Always check your links before publishing. Wait for the approval signals before pressing “Publish.” If you come across a problem while uploading, contact Pinterest support immediately. Make sure all of your images are high resolution.
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Change Pin Size On Pinterest?
For now, Pinterest doesn’t have a built-in tool to change the Pin size. But, there are some workarounds that you can do to change the size of your pins.
1. Use Canva
Canva is a free online design platform that you can use to create images for your Pinterest pins. They have a built-in tool that lets you change the dimensions of your image.
2. Use Adobe Photoshop
Adobe Photoshop is a paid software that you can use to edit your images. They have a built-in tool that lets you change the dimensions of your image.
3. Use GIMP
GIMP is a free photo editor that you can use to edit your images. They have a built-in tool that lets you change the dimensions of your image.
There are also many other online tools that you can use to change the size of your Pinterest pins.
How Do I Make My Pin Size Bigger?
You can use a free online design platform like Canva or Adobe Photoshop to make your pin size bigger. You can also use a free photo editor like GIMP.
What Is Standard Pin Size on Pinterest?
The standard pin size on Pinterest is 600×900 pixels. However, the recommended size for a pin is 1200×1800 pixels. The best aspect ratio for a Pinterest pin is 2:3. This means that the image’s width should be 2 times the height of the image.
How Do I Change My Pinterest Format?
You can change your Pinterest format by going to the settings page and selecting the desired format. Canva is a good online design platform to use for this.
Note: Pinterest-accepted videos are in file type: MOV, MP4, or .m4v with a maximum file size of 2GB and a length of 4 seconds to 15 minutes. Recommended video length is video ads is less than 15 seconds but more than 6 seconds.
When creating pins, keep your target audience in mind and test different sizes to see what works best for you. Use the right Pinterest pin size and always test different sizes to see what works best.
If you need help, many online tools and resources are available to help you get started. Good luck!
Related to Pinterest Pin Size
- Apple Vision Pro Size and Dimensions : how big is it?
- What is My Touch Screen Gloves Size?
- iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Size Chart
- Apple Magic Mouse Size and Specifications
- Apple Keyboard Size and Dimensions
- Chromebook Size Chart
- Apple Watch Band Size Chart: Finding The Right Size
- Which Laptop Size is Best for Work?
- How far should I sit from my TV? (Distance Calculator)
- Polar Watch Sizes and Specifications
- Monitor for Gaming – What is the Best Size?
- Coros Watch Sizes
- Swatch Size Charts
- Suunto Watch Size Charts
- What Garmin Watch Size is Best for Me?
- 3D Printer Size Chart and Specifications
- Amazon Kindle Size by Model : What Size are Kindles?
- Social Media Image and Video Size by Social Platform Explained
- Youtube Shorts Size Guide and Tips: What’s the best Shorts size?
- Pinterest Pin Size Guide for Videos, Images, and More
- Playstation 5 Size: Dimensions, Weight and Box Comparison
- Playstation Controller Size and Comparison of Older Models
- Pixel Tablet Size and Other Specs – Resolution and Dimensions
- Xbox Controller Size Guide and Tips by Model
- McDonald’s Cup Sizes Comparison