Apple Watch Band Size Chart: Finding The Right Size
Apple watch band is an essential part of the watch. It not only holds the entire thing together but also helps in making it look good. The band size is an important factor to consider when you are changing or choosing your next Apple watch band (skip straight to the Apple Watch Band Size Chart).
Before we will proceed, let’s answer some of the important facts about Apple watch bands:
- There are 12 sizes of Apple watch bands. The size of the band is determined by the lug width. The lug width is the distance between where the strap meets the watch case.
- How to measure your wrist? Use a measuring tape or a string then measure the circumference of your wrist. You can also use the printable tool from Apple.
- What’s the difference between a solo loop and a sport band? The solo loop is made from elastomer material while the sport band is made from fluoroelastomer.
To help you choose the perfect Apple watch band, we have created this Apple watch band size chart. Check your wrist measurement against our chart to find the right-sized band for you.
Jump right into the Frequently Asked Questions
- Apple Watch Band Size Chart
- How To Measure Wrist Size For Your Next Apple Watch Band Purchase?
- Solo Loop vs Sport Band
- Band and Case Compatibility
- Frequently Asked Questions
Apple Watch Band Size Chart
Apple watch bands have 12 sizes. In choosing the perfect band for you, the lug width is the most important factor to consider.
Check out the lug width of each size below. Lug width measurements are in cm and inches.
|Apple Watch Band Size
|15 (for an active lifestyle)
|15 (for everyday use)
|17.5-17.9 (for active lifestyle)
|17.5-17.9 (for everyday use) 18
Pro Tip: In choosing the size, make sure to know your usage. It may be for everyday use or for an active lifestyle. For everyday use, we suggest you choose the one that is comfortable and not too tight. If you are living an active lifestyle, we recommend you get a band that is snug but not constricting.
How To Measure Wrist Size For Your Next Apple Watch Band Purchase?
Option 1: Use Measuring Tape
To measure your wrist, you will need a flexible measuring tape. If you don’t have one, you can use a string by wrapping it around your wrist and then cutting it to get the measurement. After that, measure the string with a ruler.
Wrap the measuring tape snugly around your wrist where you would like to wear your Apple Watch. Make sure not to wrap it too tightly as you don’t want it to be uncomfortable.
After you have the measurement of your wrist, check it against our size chart to find the perfect-fitting band.
Option 2: Use of Paper Tool
Apple has a paper tool that can be downloaded and printed. Once you have printed it, follow the instructions on how to use it.
With your non-dominant hand, hold down the end of the strip of paper where it meets the circle.
Solo Loop vs Sport Band
What is the difference between a solo loop and a sport band?
The biggest difference between the two is the material. The solo loop is made of elastomer while the sport band is made of fluoroelastomer.
The solo loop is stretchable and comfortable but it doesn’t have a clasp. The sport band, on the other hand, has a secure clasp. It is also sweat and water-resistant.
If you are looking for a band that is comfortable and perfect for everyday use, we recommend the solo loop. If you are active and need a band that won’t fall off, we suggest the sport band.
In terms of size, the solo loop comes in 12 sizes while the sport band doesn’t have length options. It only comes in two sizes according to its width, 41mm or 45mm. Its band fits 140–210mm wrists.
Band and Case Compatibility
Another factor to consider when purchasing a new Apple watch band is its compatibility. All Apple Watch Series has the same lug width so any band that fits a certain series will also fit the other models within that series.
Check the tables below for the lug width of each series and bands compatibility:
Most Apple Watch Bands:
|38 and 40 mm cases
|42 and 44 mm cases
Solo Loop Apple Watch Bands:
|40 & 41 mm
|Works with strap sizes 1-9
|44 & 45 mm
|Works with strap sizes 4-12
Learn more about Apple Watch Band Sizing (video)
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Average Wrist Size For A Woman?
The average wrist size for a woman is 15cm or 59 inches. However, we suggest that you measure your wrist to get the most accurate measurement.
What Is The Average Wrist Size For Man?
The average wrist size for a man is 17cm or 67 inches. Again, we recommend that you measure your wrist first before choosing a band.
Does Apple Watch Band Size Matter?
When choosing an Apple Watch band, size does matter. A too-loose or too-tight band can be uncomfortable to wear. We suggest that you choose a band that is comfortable and not too constricting.
How To Find Out Apple Watch Band Size?
You can find out your Apple Watch band size by measuring your wrist or downloading and printing Apple’s paper tool.
What Size Is Apple Watch Strap Regular?
The regular size for an Apple Watch strap is 12mm. This size is suitable for wrists that are 140-210mm.
How Long is a 22mm Watch band?
Apple does not offer 22mm, watch bands. The two available widths are 41mm and 45mm.
How Wide is an Apple Watch Band?
The width of an Apple Watch band varies. The solo loop is available in 12 sizes while the sport band only comes in two widths, 41mm and 45mm.
Choosing the right size Apple Watch band can be challenging but we hope that our size guide has helped you in finding the perfect fit. Don’t forget that accuracy of measurement is key to ensuring comfort.
Related to Apple Watch Band Size Chart
- Apple Vision Pro Size and Dimensions : how big is it?
- What is My Touch Screen Gloves Size?
- iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Size Chart
- Apple Keyboard Size and Dimensions
- Chromebook Size Chart
- Apple Watch Band Size Chart: Finding The Right Size
- Which Laptop Size is Best for Work?
- How far should I sit from my TV? (Distance Calculator)
- Polar Watch Sizes and Specifications
- Monitor for Gaming – What is the Best Size?
- Coros Watch Sizes
- Swatch Size Charts
- Suunto Watch Size Charts
- What Garmin Watch Size is Best for Me?
- 3D Printer Size Chart and Specifications
- Amazon Kindle Size by Model : What Size are Kindles?
- Social Media Image and Video Size by Social Platform Explained
- Youtube Shorts Size Guide and Tips: What’s the best Shorts size?
- Pinterest Pin Size Guide for Videos, Images, and More
- Playstation 5 Size: Dimensions, Weight and Box Comparison