Childrens Hat size chart and conversion table
This post was last updated on April 25th, 2022 at 04:16 pm
What size is a large hat, or what is a regular size hat for children? All questions are explained in the international Childrens Hat Size Chart and conversion table page on size-charts.com. In this post, it’s easy to discover the size conversion between an XL size hat into inches, or US hat sizes converted into European hat sizes. All children are different – including the growth and measurements of their head size/ hat size.
We convert the average head/hat sizes based on child’s age. This is often used as a size reference when it comes to children’s hats. From the age of 3 years and up, youth sizes (Youth S, M, L and XL) are used. Hat measurements and cap measurements are the same.
Hat sizing chart table of content
How to know the correct Hat size for your kids?
How do you measure a child’s hat size?
In order to find out your child’s proper hat size, start to take a measurement of their head. You will need a tape measure, and measure the head about one-half inch above their eyebrows where the hat will rest.
Pro tip: Be certain that the tape measure is straight, not twisted.
How to measure your children’s hat size is explained in simple steps.
To determine your size, you must measure your child’s head circumference. To measure your head size you need a measuring tape and a mirror. Hold the measuring tape against the back of your head. Pull the measuring tape forward on either side of your head slightly above your ears and your eyebrows to the center of your forehead. As a tip, you can use the thickness of 1 finger above your ears Do not pull the centimeter too tight. Use the head measurement in inches or centimeters and convert it into the desire hat sizing system
Hat sizing tips – Size-Charts.com
- We always recommend rounding up the length slightly to a round number (e.g. from 57.5 to 58 cm).
- If you prefer to wear your hat, cap or hat a little deeper over your head, then add 1 cm or 1/8 of an inch.
- Ladies are advised to comb their hair back (see picture below).
- If you don’t have a measuring tape to hand, determine your size with a string and measure it with a ruler.
- A hat or cap that is too small causes a headache. If a hat is a little too big, it can be compensated with two cork strips. The right hat size matters!
What size hat fits a 4 year old?
What size hat does an 8 year old wear?
What size is a youth hat?
Children’s hat size chart – boys and girls hat size
Hat sizes for babies and children are measured in either centimeters or inches. the below hat size chart shows to the approximate hat size, based on the child’s age.
Kid’s Hat sizing explained
Related Kids Size charts
- Childrens Hat size chart and conversion table
- Carter’s sizing from new born to kids (with easy to use size charts)
- Stride Rite Size chart from babies to big kids (+ EU shoe size conversion)
- Florsheim Shoe Size Chart and fitting guide for adults and kids shoes
- Pampers Size Chart for all ages by type (size charts included)
- Kids Socks Size Chart for boys and girls by age
- Sock Size Chart – The full sock fitting guide for men, women and kids
- Teen And Kids Gloves Size Chart – How To Find the best Glove Size
- Girls Growth Size chart – A Useful Guide For Shoes And Clothing
- Children’s Bike Size Chart – Fit by your kid’s Age and Height
- Boys Growth Chart – A Useful Size Guide For boys Shoes And Clothing
- Kids Shoe Size Chart by Age
- A Guide To Birkenstock Kids Size Charts
- Guide for Nike kids shoe sizing
- Skechers Kids shoe size Charts
- Adidas Kid’s shoe size Charts
- Nike Air Max 95 Size Chart and Fitting
- Nike Air Max 97 Size Chart and Fitting
- Birkenstock Size Chart
- US Size Guide Kids Clothes Size Chart
- Veja Sneakers for Kids Size Charts
- Shoe Size Conversion Charts
- Nike Air Max 1 Size Chart and Fitting
- Kids Belt Size Chart
- My Daughters’ first bra
- Nike Air Max 90 Size Chart and Fitting
- Skechers light up shoes Size Chart
- Birkenstock Children Size Chart and fitting
- Shoe size for Babies and Toddlers
- How to adjust your Birkenstock for Great Fitting
- Kids’ Shoe Sizes to Adults’ Shoe Sizes
- Different Shoe Sizing Systems explained
- Impact of Insoles or inserts on Size charts
- Kids Shoe Size Chart