Hat size chart and conversion table
What size is a large hat, or what is a regular size hat for men? All questions are explained in the international Hat Size Chart and conversion table page on size-charts.com. In this post it’s easy to discover the size conversion between an XL size hat into inches, or US hat sizes converted into European hat sizes.
Hat sizing chart table of content
How to measure your correct Hat size?
Time needed: 2 minutes
How to measure your perfect hat size is explained in simple steps.
- To determine your size, you must measure your head circumference.
- To measure your head size you need a measuring tape and a mirror.
- Hold the measuring tape against the back of your head.
- Pull the measuring tape forward on either side of your head slightly above your ears and your eyebrows to the center of your forehead.
As a tip, you can use the thickness of 1 finger above your ears
- Do not pull the centimeter too tight.
- You can read your head circumference in the mirror
- Use the head measurement in inches or centimeters and convert it into the desire hat sizing system
Hat sizing tips – Size-Charts.com
- We always recommend rounding up the length slightly to a round number (e.g. from 57.5 to 58 cm).
- If you prefer to wear your hat, cap or hat a little deeper over your head, then add 1 cm or 1/8 of an inch.
- Ladies are advised to comb their hair back (see picture below).
- If you don’t have a measuring tape to hand, determine your size with a string and measure it with a ruler.
- A hat or cap that is too small causes a headache. If a hat is a little too big, it can be compensated with two cork strips. The right hat size matters!
Adult hat size chart – men and women hat size
|International Hat size||Hat size in inches||Hat size in centimeter||US Hat Size||UK Hat Size||European Hat Size|
|XXS||19 4/8||50||6 1/4||6 1/8||1 1/2|
|XXS||19 7/8||51||6 3/8||6 1/4||2|
|XXS||20 2/8||52||6 1/2||6 3/8||2 1/2|
|XS||20 3/4||53||6 5/8||6 1/2||3|
|XS||21 1/4||54||6 3/4||6 5/8||3 1/2|
|S||21 5/8||55||6 7/8||6 3/4||4|
|S||22||56||7||6 7/8||4 1/2|
|M||22 1/2||57||7 1/8||7||5|
|M||22 3/4||58||7 1/4||7 1/8||5 1/2|
|L||23 1/4||59||7 3/8||7 1/4||6|
|L||23 5/8||60||7 1/2||7 3/8||6 1/2|
|XL||24||61||7 5/8||7 1/2||7|
|XL||24 1/2||62||7 3/4||7 5/8||7 1/2|
|XXL||24 3/4||63||7 7/8||7 3/4||8|
|XXL||25 1/4||64||8||7 7/8||8 1/2|