Plus Size Coats Sizing Guide for men and women
A coat is an outer garment we wear over other clothes when it’s cold or wet outside. Coats and jackets have been in existence since the 1800s. You can also wear coats and jackets for fashion purposes. Plus-size coats can be a hassle to find online. Fortunately, you can make the process easier by following this plus size coats sizing guide. In this post, you’ll learn how to find the best size for your coat online.
Let’s get started!
Skip straight to the Frequently Asked Questions
Table of content of Plus Size Coats Sizing Guide
- Plus Size Coat Charts
- How to Choose the Right Plus Size Coat
- The Best Plus Size Coat for You
- Frequently Asked Questions
Plus Size Coat Charts
Women’s Plus Size Coats sizing Chart
|Alpha sizes||US||UK||EU||Bust (inches)||Bust (cm)|
|L||10||14||44||38 – 39 in||96.5 – 99 cm|
|XL||12||16||46||40 – 41 in||101.6 – 104.1 cm|
|XL||14||18||48||42 – 43 in||105.6 – 109.2 cm|
|XXL||16||20||50||44 – 46 in||111.8 – 116.8 cm|
|XXL||18||22||52||47 – 48 in||119.4 – 121.9 cm|
|3XL||20||24||54||49 – 50 in||124.5 – 127cm|
|4XL||22||26||56||50 – 52 in||127 – 132 cm|
|5XL||24||28||58||53 -54 in||134.6 – 137.2 cm|
Men’s Plus Size Coats sizing Chart
|Alpha sizes||US||EU||Chest (inches)||Chest (cm)||Height (inches)||Height (cm)|
|L||40||50||40 – 42||101.6 – 106.7 cm||68 – 69 in||172.7 – 175.3 cm|
|L||42||52||42 – 44||106.7 – 111.8 cm||69 – 70 in||175.3 – 177.8 cm|
|XL||44||54||44 – 45||111.8 – 114.3 cm||70 – 71 in||177.8 – 180.3 cm|
|XL||44||56||44 – 45||111.8 – 114.3 cm||71 – 72 in||180.3 – 182.9 cm|
|XXL||45||58||45 – 46||114.3 – 116.8 cm||72 – 73 in||182.3 – 185.4 cm|
|XXL||46||60||46 – 47||116.8 – 119.4 cm||73 – 74 in||185.4 – 188 cm|
|3XL||47||62||47 – 48||119.4 – 121.9 cm||74 – 75 in||188 – 190.5 cm|
|3XL||48||64||48 – 49||121.9 – 124.5 cm||75 – 76 in||190 – 193 cm|
|4XL||49||66||49 – 50||124.5 – 127 cm||76 – 77 in||193 – 195.6 cm|
|5XL||50||68||50 – 51||127 – 129.5 cm||77 – 78 in||195.6 – 198.1 cm|
|5XL||51||70||51 – 52||129.5 – 132.1 cm||78 – 79 in||198.1 – 200.7 cm|
|6XL||52||72||52 – 53||132.1 – 134.6 cm||79 – 80 in||200.7 – 203.2 cm|
How to Choose the Right Plus Size Coat
When choosing the best coat or jacket sizes, you need to record your body measurements for comparison with the size charts. So, in this section, we’ll discuss how to take accurate body measurements.
How to take measurements for jackets and coats for women
If you wear the coat or jacket over other garments, you should have them on to ensure the measurements are as accurate as possible. Otherwise, the coat could have a close fit that doesn’t allow you to wear more garments underneath. Ask a friend or loved one to help you take the measurements because you should keep your body straight and relaxed during the process.
- Bust – This is the most crucial body dimension when choosing coats and jackets. With your body upright, lift your arms and let your partner wrap the tape around the fullest point of your bust. Ensure the tape has enough ease to allow you to wear other garments under the coat without hassle.
- Height – This is the length of your coat. The ideal length will depend on personal preference. Your jacket could reach anywhere from your knees to your ankles.
How to take measurements for coats and jackets for men
Wear what you normally would before wearing your coat. The essential dimensions include chest and height measurements.
- Chest – Keeping the tape parallel to the floor, wrap it around the broadest part of the chest. Ensure it goes under the arms and around the back as well.
- Height – think about how long you want the coat to be. Then, measure from the front of the shoulder down to the lowest point you want for the coat.
The Best Plus Size Coat for You
The size of your coat isn’t the only consideration to make. You should also think about:
There are different coat styles available on the market. You’ll need to determine whether you want something formal or casual. Here are some of the popular plus-size jacket styles:
- Puffer coats
- Maxi coats
- Classic trench coat
- Bomber jacket
- Classic denim jacket
- Faux leather jackets
- Moto jackets
- Hooded anorak jackets
The next thing to choose is the best color for your jacket. For a formal look, you should select solid colors that will work well with other outfits in your wardrobe. However, if you are going for something casual, you can choose a coat with a mix of beautiful colors to ensure you look attention-grabbing.
The weight of your jacket will depend on the type of fabric used to make it. If you are looking for a coat to wear when it’s still a bit warm, lightweight jackets will be a good pick. However, if it’s rainy, snowy, or cold, a thick heavy jacket will do.
Plus Size Coats Styling Tips explained (video)
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I buy plus-size coats and jackets?
Some of the places you can buy plus-size coats online include
How do I know my coat size?
The best way to find the right coat size is to take your body measurements and check them against a size chart.
Choosing the right size coat doesn’t have to be challenging. You’ll be good to go if you take your body measurements and compare them to the size charts. Remember to have the clothes you’ll wear under the coat on as you take the measurements. This will ensure you get a good fit.
If you have any questions, post them in the comments section below.
Related to Plus Size Coats Sizing charts
- Plus Size Workout Clothing size chart for men and women
- Plus Size Pajamas Sizing Guide and fitting for men and women
- Plus Size Corsets Sizing Guide
- Plus Size Shapewear Sizing Guide for women
- Homecoming Dress Plus Size Guide for girl’s on a night out!
- Prom Dresses Plus Size Chart for an important night-out!
- Wedding Dress Plus Size Guide And Fitting Tips
- Sexy Lingerie Plus Size Chart for Women
- Chico’s size chart for women – sizing and fitting tips included
- Mother of the bride plus size dress size charts
- Lands End Size Chart for Men, women and Children
- Old Navy Size Chart for Men and women
- Plus Size Boots size chart for adults and kids
- Plus Size Nike Size Chart: Finding The Right Fit
- Plus size Intimates Size Chart for your lingerie
- White dress plus size guide
- Plus Size Charts And Styling Guide
- Torrid Jeans Size Chart: A guide in Plus-sized jeans and denim
- Bra plus size chart
- Lane Bryant Women’s Wide Shoes size chart
- Vionic Wide Shoes size chart
- Torrid Shoes size chart for Plus size Shoes and Extra Wide Shoes
- Diabetic shoes Size Chart