Cowboy boots size guide for men, women and kids
Shopping for your next cowboy boots is an exciting experience. A perfect pair of cowboy boots are a great collection to add to your western boots. They are manufactured by boot experts to provide extraordinary comfort. Cowboy boots are not just another pair of leather boots. Get all sizing info in the cowboy boots size guide for men, women and kids.
Whether you are in physical stores and you are browsing through the shelves, or you are surfing through the web pages of the online store; buying a boot is always satisfying. There is nothing better to cap the excitement than to have a well-fitted boot. Finding the proper boot size brings up a few important questions.
How To Choose The Right Cowboy Boots Size
Is my boot size the same as my shoe size ? How do I know my boot size ? Should I buy my exact size or something bigger or larger ? How exactly should my cowboy boots fit ?
Strictly speaking, your boot size should be the same thing as your shoe size, however your boot size will most of the time not be identical your shoe size. This is because, boots are constructed with a different floor shape and body contour than shoes. Your boots should fit smugly around your feet and must be easy to put on and remove with minimal struggle. If your shoe size is between two sizes, buy boots that are one size larger than the larger of the two sizes. You should enjoy youur boot fit.
The best approach will be to measure your feet and pick a proper boot size. Sometimes, you may have to convert your measurements from inches to centimeters and vice versa. Try to use the charts below to decide the right boot size for you.
Size Chart For Men’s Cowboy Boots
The feet of the typical man is longer than that of a woman. The width is almost always the same among all men. The difference in the normal shoe size of different men comes from the difference in the ball of the feet and the insoles.
Size Chart For Women’s Cowgirl Boots
Ladies’ boots pay attention to the boot skin. The material the boot is made of must be one that doesn’t irritate the tender skin of the feet and lower leg. If a woman wants to wear men’s boots, she might be able to find her male boot size by removing 1.5 from her normal shoe size. For example, if she wears size 10, then her male boot size will be 10 – 1.5 = 8.5
However, if she wants to buy and wear cowgirl boots. Then she has to measure her feet and use the chart below to find her size.
Size Chart For Kids Cowboy And Cowgirl Boots
Children boots are designed to be light and a bit loose on the feet, this is because children are more physically agile than adults. Children grow fast, they might end up wearing more than one pair of boots in a few years.
Even when there is nothing wrong with their old pair, you might need to measure their feet again and buy a new one. Use the chart below as a guide to choosing kids boot size.
How To Measure Your Cowboy Boots Size
Every feet has four measurements to take.
1. Length: the gap from the tip of the longest toe to the farthest point on the heel.
2. Width: The farthest point between the two sides of the outline of the feet.
3. Step: The “breadth” of the feet, the gap between the “palm” of the foot to the upper bridge of the foot.
4. Volume: the three dimensional space occupied by the foot from the heel to the ankle.
Understanding Cowboy Boots width
More than 90% of the population has a “normal” width and therefore the width of the feet is usually not considered.
Boots are typically available in 6 widths: B (extra narrow), C (narrow), D (regular), E (wide), EE (extra wide), and EEE (triple wide). We suggest ordering your boots according to the size chart above. First, measure the length of your foot to find your base size. Then, measure the width of your foot across the widest part and find your corresponding width in your boot size. A full article on Shoe width you can find here
D or M = Men’s normal or regular width
EE, EW, W = Mens’s wide width.
EEE= Men’s Extra wide width
B = Men’s narrow width
For women, the letters are slightly different.
B or M = Women’s normal or regular width
C or W = Women’s wide width
A = Women’s narrow width
As stated earlier, width is usually the same for many people and therefore not stated. But if it is stated, it will be signified by a letter at the end or beginning of the shoe size.
Narrow feet can easily fit into wide width sizes, however you will need to wear thicker socks whenever you want to put on your pair of cowboy boots. Loose boots are also difficult for the foot to carry and tend to tire out the wearer. On the other hand, wide feet can not easily put on narrow sized boots. The boot fits too tightly and will cause numbness and blisters. Fit is very important.
Length is the primary difference between all feet in the world. Even a pair of twins may have different feet length. Every footwear worries about the length of the feet of the person who wishes to wear them. Remember, the length of your feet is all the way to the tip of your toes. To be on the safe side, add a little bit to the measurement you take and some boot experts will even suggest that you buy one size larger than you. This is to make space for your socks whenever you wear any.
Step is simply the vertical measurement of your feet. Generally, shoes and boots are made to accommodate any type of step. The person doesn’t have to worry about step because the roof and insole of the boot can take the shape of the feet of the user. Have you ever put your feet into a pair of footwear and it feels different ? The difference your foot “feels” is the difference in the shape of the step. Your feet will naturally edit out the inner parts of the boots and the boot will mould itself around your feet.
Volume is a three-dimensional measurement of the foot. It takes into consideration the other three measurements and produces the most accurate feet dimensions. Volume is best measured by boot makers, or makers of any footwear. Usually, the customer has to put his feet into a bowl of gel or clay and the hole his feet made is filled up with a “cast”. It a simple but well-articulated process and is usually left to experts to consider. Foot volume is a quite fun but long process.
Choosing the right size of cowboy boots begins with proper measurement of your feet. The length of your foot is the one we generally think of. In general, you want a quarter to a 1/2 inch between the end of your toe and the end of the shoe. Some brands of boots allow as much as an inch of space. This is because most users wear boot socks and need to allow the bootmaker to come up with a boot shape that is a comfortable design.
These variables are why you should get your foot measured every time your boots are getting worn out and it’s time to get a new pair of boots. All you need is
• A large enough piece of paper
• A pencil
• A cello tape
• A ruler
Follow these simple steps to measure the correct size of your feet.
1. Tape the paper on the floor with one short end touching a wall. This is so that it doesn’t slip or slide around.
2. Firmly place one foot on the paper with your heel touching the wall.
3. Trace the outline of your foot. It’s best to have someone help you with this step. To avoid an unexpected error, do not to hold the pencil at an angle, it must be uprightly straight as you trace the outline.
4. Using the ruler, measure the longest parts of your outline.
5. Repeat with your other foot.
6. Compare your measurements with our charts below and pick your size.
Takedown your measurements in both inches and centimeters. Charts may vary in the units used. When comparing your results with a boot size chart, you’ll want to use the measurement of your larger foot.
Keep in mind that if you’re purchasing a cowboy or cowgirl boot for a child, it may be helpful to buy a larger size to allow them room to grow.
It may be difficult to find the proper cowboy size to fit you but with the use of a sheet of paper and a little help from a friend, you can rest assured that you will be able to properly measure your feet and find the right boot size.
The average boot is made with enough boot insoles to fit snugly to your feet and be easy to pull on and take off. The best-sized boots are handmade boots, however, you may not always be lucky to own a pair of these wonderful luxuries.
Do you have a comment or question? Leave it behind as you use this boot fit guide to shop for those authentic cowboy boots.
Cowboy boots sizes explained (video)
Related Shoe Size charts
- Birkis Size Chart and Sizing Guide
- Heels size for wide feet – with easy to use sizing guides and charts
- Youth shoe size chart – US – UK – EU sizing
- New Balance nurse shoes size – all sizing charts for nursing shoes
- Timberland PRO Size chart – workshoes and boots sizing guide
- Average shoe size for women with easy to use sizing charts
- Chacos size chart for men, women and kids (how to get a perfect fit)
- Thorogood size charts for men and women with sizing tips
- Combat boots size chart: men’s, women’s and kids’ military boots sizing
- Asos sizing guide: size charts for men’s and women’s clothes and shoes
- Havaianas Size Chart for flip flops sizing for men, women and kids
- Shoes for crews size chart for men and women’s work shoes
- US to EU shoe size conversion made easy in inches and cm
- Mexico Shoe Size vs US Size: Easy size Charts for Men, Women & Kids
- Easy EU to US shoe size conversion with size tables (foot length, IN, Cm)
- Nike Air VaporMax size
- Gap Kid’s Size Charts for clothes, apparel, accessories and shoes
- Adidas NMD size chart for men, women and kids
- Nike Huarache size chart for men, women and kids’ shoes
- Adidas Superstar Size chart for Men, women and kids’ sneakers
- Tommy Hilfiger Size Chart for Men, women and kids
- LuluLemon Size Chart for Men and women’s sportswear – athletica
- Ariat Work Boot Size for men, women and kids (size charts included)
- Plus Size Boots size chart for adults and kids
- Stride Rite Size chart from babies to big kids (+ EU shoe size conversion)