Men’s Dress Shirt Size Charts
This post was last updated on August 29th, 2023 at 04:10 pm
A lot of people prefer to plan for what they will wear to upcoming events. If you are in need of a men’s dress shirt but don’t know what size to get, then you have come to the right place.
In this guide, we will be discussing men’s dress shirt sizes and how to figure out which size is right for you. So, if you are looking for some advice on men’s dress shirt sizes, then keep reading!
As you might already know a men’s dress shirt is a shirt that is typically worn as part of a suit or other formal outfit. Dress shirts are usually made from a smooth, woven fabric such as cotton or silk, and they often have a collar and buttons down the front.
Depending on the style of the shirt, they may also have cufflinks and a pocket on the chest. Dress shirts are an important part of many men’s wardrobes, as they can be worn for both formal and semi-formal occasions.
When choosing a dress shirt, it is important to consider the color, style, and fit. For example, white dress shirts are classic and versatile pieces that can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion.
Jump right into the Frequently Asked Questions
We reviewed Tommy Hilfiger Size, Sizing of Fashion Nova, Land’s End sizes, Old Navy size charts, American Eagle sizing, Levi’s Jeans size, Chico’s Sizes, J Crew sizes, Zara Women’s sizes, Forever 21 sizes, express sizing, shein Sizing, asos sizing, Ralph Lauren sizes, Lacoste , Aeropostale, and much more here.
- What are the available men’s dress shirt sizes?
- Men’s dress shirt size chart – standard
- Men’s dress shirt size chart – alpha sizing
- Men’s dress size charts – to fit category
- How do you size a men’s dress shirt?
- Men’s dress shirt size chart (standard)
- Frequently Asked Questions
What are the available men’s dress shirt sizes?
There is a wide range of dress shirt sizes for varying body shapes ranging from slim fit to classic cuts. Once you find the perfect fit dress shirt for your body, you can achieve creatively fuss-free style all year round.
When picking up the dress shirt, the most critical phase is to find the perfect size of the shirt. Planning wisely and smartly on these items can make the decision easier.
There are numerous smart including men’s dress shirt size charts that you can follow to find the measurement of your perfect fitting dress shirt.
Luckily this men’s dress shirt size guide will assist you to figure out the sizing and measurements of shirts.
Men’s dress shirt size chart – standard
|standard fit measurements||standard fit measurements||trim fit measurements||trim fit measurements|
|14.5″||36.83 cm||40″||101.60 cm||36″||91.44 cm||39″||99.06 cm||35.5″||90.17 cm|
|15″||38.10 cm||42″||101.60 cm||38″||96.52 cm||41″||104.14 cm||37.5″||95.25 cm|
|15.5″||39.37 cm||44″||111.76 cm||40″||101.60 cm||43″||109.22 cm||39.5″||100.33 cm|
|16″||40.64 cm||46″||116.84 cm||42″||106.68 cm||45″||114.30 cm||41.5″||105.41 cm|
|16.5″||41.91 cm||48″||121.92 cm||44″||111.76 cm||47″||119.38 cm||43.5″||110.49 cm|
|17″||43.18 cm||50″||127.00 cm||46″||116.84 cm||49″||124.46 cm||45.5″||115.57 cm|
|17.5″||44.45 cm||52″||132.08 cm||48″||121.92 cm||51″||129.54 cm||47.5″||120.65 cm|
|18″||45.72 cm||54″||137.16 cm||50″||127.00 cm||53″||134.62 cm||49.5″||125.73 cm|
|18.5″||45.72 cm||56″||142.24 cm||52″||132.08 cm||55″||139.70 cm||51.5″||130.81 cm|
Men’s dress shirt size chart – alpha sizing
|XS||13″ – 13 1/2″||33.02 – 34.29||32||81.28||32″ – 34″||81.28 – 86.36||26″ – 28″||66.04 – 71.12|
|S||14″ – 14 1/2″||35.56 – 36.83||33||83.82||35″ – 37″||88.9 – 93.98||29″ – 31″||73.66 – 78.74|
|M||15″ – 15 1/2″||38.1 – 39.37||34||86.36||38″ – 40″||96.52 – 101.6||32″ – 34″||81.28 – 86.36|
|L||16″ – 16 1/2″||40.64 – 41.91||35||88.9||41″ – 43″||104.14 – 109.22||35″ – 37″||88.9 – 93.98|
|XL||17″ – 17 1/2″||43.18 – 44.45||36||91.44||44″ – 46″||111.76 – 116.84||38″ – 40″||96.52 – 101.6|
|XXL||18″ – 18 1/2″||45.72 – 46.99||36.5||92.71||47″ – 49″||119.38 – 124.46||41″ – 43″||104.14 – 109.22|
Men’s dress size charts – to fit category
|Size||To fit chest||To fit neck|
How do you size a men’s dress shirt?
- Collar Size. The collar size is the most important measurement when sizing a dress shirt for a man. To measure the collar size, take a soft cloth measuring tape and measure around the neck just below Adam’s apple. Add 1-2 inches to this measurement to get the collar size.
- Chest Size. The chest size is also important when sizing a dress shirt. To measure the chest size, use a cloth measuring tape and place it around the widest part of the chest.
Be sure to keep the tape parallel to the floor and don’t suck in your stomach! Once you have measured, add 2 inches to this number for the shirt size.
- Waist Size. The waist size is not as important as the other measurements, but can still be helpful in getting
Dress shirt sizing may be alpha or numerical. Less fitted and casual shirts are measured in the alpha category while formal shirts are measured numerically.
- Neck and Sleeve Sizes. Dress shirt measurements mainly depend on neck circumference and sleeve length. The neck size comes first and increases by half an inch ranging from 13” to 19” while the sleeve length has two length options depending on the buttons used on a cuff.
Well-reputed manufacturers provide numerical sizes including chest measurements for a specific shirt size that helps to achieve a better fit.
Learn more about how a dress shirt should fit (video)
Men’s dress shirt size chart (standard)
Related: Suit Sizes Charts for Men and Boys
|Alpha Sizing||Neck (Inch)||Sleeve (Inch)||Chest (Inch)||Waist (Inch)|
|XS||13″ – 13 1/2″||32||32″ – 34″||26″ – 28″|
|S||14″ – 14 1/2″||33||35″ – 37″||29″ – 31″|
|M||15″ – 15 1/2″||34||38″ – 40″||32″ – 34″|
|L||16″ – 16 1/2″||35||41″ – 43″||35″ – 37″|
|XL||17″ – 17 1/2″||36||44″ – 46″||38″ – 40″|
|XXL||18″ – 18 1/2″||36.5||47″ – 49″||41″ – 43″|
Frequently Asked Questions
What size is 32 33 in dress shirts?
A size 32 dress shirt is the equivalent of a small, while a size 33 is the equivalent of a medium.
When selecting a dress shirt size the first number that appears on the size tag indicates the circumference of the neck, while the second number refers to the sleeve length.
If you have picked up a shirt marked “15 ½ 32/33” inch, 15 inches indicates the neck size while the sleeve length will be labeled 32 or 33 inches in length.
What size is a 17 34 35 dress shirt
A ready-to-wear shirt with the measurement 17” 34/35” is the cut for men with a neck of 17 inches and an arm between 34 and 35 inches long.
What size is 32 34 in men’s shirts?
32 34 is a dress shirt size for medium wear. If you are a medium-sized person, 32/34 size will be the best fitting size for your dress shirt.
What size is a 16.5 men’s shirt?
Men’s size 16.5 shirt is a size large (L). The chest measurement for this size is 42-44 inches and the waist measurement is 38-40 inches. If you are between these sizes, then you should consider buying a size 16.5 shirt.
The collar circumference of 16.5 -17.5 inches refers to the size large in dress shirts
How do I know my dress shirt size?
When selecting a dress shirt, you might consider numerical sizing, and alpha sizing scales that may assist you to find the best-fitting shirt. Here is a comprehensive dress shirt size guide you can follow when buying a dress shirt.
We hope that this guide has been helpful and that you are now better equipped to find the perfect men’s dress shirt size for your body type. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Ask in the comments.
We would be happy to help in any way we can. Thanks for reading!
Related to Men’s Dress Shirt Size Chart
- Farah Size Charts
- HUGO BOSS Men Size Charts
- Men’s Clothing Size Chart + Size Conversion
- Fendi Shoes Size Chart : Do Fendi shoes fit true to size?
- Axel Arigato Clothing Size Charts
- Versace Shoes Size Chart : Do Versace shoes run true to size ?
- Jumpsuit Size Chart for Adults and Kids
- Madewell Size Charts for Adults and Girls
- Boys’ to Men’s Shoe Size Guide : By Age and Foot Length
- H&M Men’s Sizes Chart and Fitting Guide
- Men’s Dress Shirt Size Charts
- Suit Sizes Charts for Men and Boys
- Pull & Bear Men’s Size Charts
- How Long Should My Tie Be? (Size chart included)
- Medium Size Chart for Men (in clothes, belt,…)
- Uniqlo Men’s Size Charts
- Howick Size Charts
- Chanel Shoes Size Chart : Are Chanel shoes true to size?
- Male Blazer Size Chart : How do I know my men’s suit jacket size ?
- Prada Shoe Size Chart : Do Prada Shoes run true to size ?
- Men’s Bike Clothes Size for All
- Men’s Workwear Size Chart