Screen Protector for iPad: Size Guide for all iPad models
This post was last updated on March 20th, 2023 at 02:39 pm
A screen protector is a thin layer of glass or plastic on your iPad screen to act as a barrier preventing scratches and cracks from direct impact. Choosing the right screen protector for ipad size is important because taking a smaller size will leave the edges of your screen vulnerable to breakage. At the same time, taking a size too large will make your iPad harder to handle and unappealing to look at.
Luckily, with our size guide, you’ll know everything you need to choose the best layer of protection.
Let’s get started!
Jump right to the Frequently Asked Questions
Related: iPhone 14 size chart, screen dimensions, and size comparison, iPhone 12 screen size chart with dimensions and size comparison, iPhone 12 mini size chart with screen dimensions and comparison , Amazon Kindle Size by model : What size are kindles?
Screen Protector for iPad Table of Content
- iPad Screen Protector Size Chart
- How to Choose the Right Screen Protector Size for iPad
- How to Measure for iPad Screen Protector
- The Best iPad Screen Protector
- Frequently Asked Questions
iPad Screen Protector Size Chart
Related: Screen Protector for iPhone Size, with tips and easy to use size-charts, Screen Protector for Apple Watch Size Guide
|iPad Model||Screen Protector Size|
|· iPad Pro 12.9-inch (5th Generation) |
· iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th Generation)
· iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd Generation)
· iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd Generation)
· iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st Generation)
|· iPad Pro 11-inch (3rd Generation) |
· iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd Generation)
· iPad Pro 11-inch (1st Generation)
|· iPad Air (5th Generation) |
· iPad Air (4th Generation)
|· iPad Pro 10.5-inch||10.5 inches|
|· iPad (9th Generation) |
· iPad (8th Generation)
· iPad (7th Generation)
|· iPad Pro 9.7-inch |
· iPad Air (3rd Generation)
· iPad Air (1st Generation)
· iPad (6th Generation)
· iPad (5th Generation)
|· iPad Mini (6th Generation)||8.3 inches|
|· iPad Mini (5th Generation) |
· iPad Mini (4th Generation)
· iPad Mini (3RD Generation)
How to Choose the Right Screen Protector Size for iPad
Related: iMac 24 size, weight and box dimensions, iPhone 12 Pro size and screen dimensions compared with other iPhones
iPads come in a wide range of sizes, and there isn’t a one-size-fits-all screen protector. As such, you need to ensure that the screen protector you choose is equivalent to your screen size. This will ensure the entire screen is protected from direct impact with other objects.
Now, let’s look at the different sizes of screen protectors and the iPad models they can fit.
12.9-inch screen protectors
These screen protectors are made for 12.9-inch iPads. Here are the iPad models that can use this screen protector size.
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (5th Generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th Generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd Generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd Generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st Generation)
11-inch screen protectors
If you have an 11-inch iPad Pro, this is the screen protector size that will offer ample protection. Let’s look at the models compatible with these screen protectors below.
- iPad Pro 11-inch (3rd Generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd Generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (1st Generation)
10.9-inch screen protectors
These are an excellent choice if you have the following iPad models:
- iPad Air (5th Generation)
- iPad Air (4th Generation)
10.5-inch screen protectors
The only iPad model that uses this size of screen protector is the iPad Pro 10.5-inch.
10.2-inch screen protectors
This is a fitting choice for a10.2-inch iPad. Here are the models that fit this size:
- iPad (9th Generation)
- iPad (8th Generation)
- iPad (7th Generation)
9.7-inch screen protectors
You can use this size of screen protectors for the following iPad models.
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iPad Air (3rd Generation)
- iPad Air (1st Generation)
- iPad (6th Generation)
- iPad (5th Generation)
8.3-inch screen protectors
This screen protector size is exclusively for the iPad Mini (6th Generation).
7.9-inch screen protectors
This size is compatible with the following iPads.
- iPad Mini (5th Generation)
- iPad Mini (4th Generation)
- iPad Mini (3RD Generation)
How to Measure for iPad Screen Protector Size
Related: iPhone 14 size chart, screen dimensions and size comparison
There are two ways to determine the right size for your screen protector. We’ll discuss them below.
1. How to find your screen protector size by iPad model number
If you can identify your iPad model, you can use the size chart to pinpoint the screen protector size you need. You can find this information on the back of your iPad or in the “About” section in “Settings.”
You can search for the model number and get the details of the model of iPad you own and then check out the ideal size in our charts.
2. Measuring your iPad screen
With a tape measure or ruler in hand, measure the diagonal distance between the right upper corner and the left lower corner of your iPad. This distance is the size of your display which is the same as the size of the screen protector you need.
Learn how to install a right size iPad screen protector safely (video)
The Best iPad Screen Protector
There’s a wide array of screen protectors on the market. You’ll need to check the materials used
1. Glass screen protector
These screens are made from tempered glass and offer precision touch sensitivity for a flawless touchscreen experience. The glass protector will replicate the appearance and feel of your iPad screen. If you install it incorrectly, this screen protector will form air bubbles which will affect the clarity of the screen.
Most people consider glass screen protection to be more reliable than plastic because glass is thicker and therefore stronger. If your phone falls and the glass screen protector cracks, you can always get another one to replace it while your screen remains intact. When on a tight budget, glass screen protectors could seem pricey.
2. Plastic screen protector
Some screen protectors are made from Polyethylene Terephthalate, a plastic material with excellent transparency. Unfortunately, this screen protector won’t offer ultra-impact protection for your iPad. So, if it drops, your screen could end up with a crack.
The alternative is Thermoplastic Polyurethane protectors which offer some level of elasticity. As a result, the protector will naturally heal itself after getting scratches which will keep your touch surface smooth.
3. Paperlike screen protector
These are still made of plastic but they offer your iPad a nice paper-feel that makes your touch experience more enjoyable. So, if you normally use your iPad to draw or write with Apple Pencil, you’ll want this type of screen protector.
The BEST Ipad Screen Protectors reviewed (video)
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the size screen protector for the iPad 6th generation?
Since the iPad (6th Generation) has a display of 9.7 inches, it requires a screen protector of that size.
2. What is the iPad Air 4th generation size screen protector?
For this particular model, it should be 10.9 inches.
3. Is there a difference between the screen protector size for the 7th and 8th generations?
No, there isn’t. Both models have a screen of 10.2 inches which means you need the same size screen protector.
4. What screen protector is best for the iPad?
The best size for your screen protector depends on the size of your iPad screen. Ensure you get a protector that covers the edges to provide maximum protection.
Your iPad is a fantastic device that you can use for consuming digital content and communicating among other functions. However, if your iPad accidentally falls or comes into contact with rough surfaces, it can get scratched or cracked. Luckily, you can install a screen protector for your iPad to prevent this from happening.
You can find out the best size by measuring your iPad’s display screen or checking the model via the serial number. Once you know the size of your screen, make sure you use an equivalent screen protector size. There are two main options: plastic screen protectors and glass screen protectors.
If you have questions on this topic or find this article helpful, feel free to leave a comment below.
Picture in this post by Daniel Romero on Unsplash
Related Digital Size Charts / Apple Size Charts
- What is My Touch Screen Gloves Size?
- iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Size Chart
- Apple Magic Mouse Size and Specifications
- Apple Keyboard Size and Dimensions
- Chromebook Size Chart
- Apple Watch Band Size Chart: Finding The Right Size
- Which Laptop Size is Best for Work?
- How far should I sit from my TV? (Distance Calculator)
- Polar Watch Sizes and Specifications
- Monitor for Gaming – What is the Best Size?
- Coros Watch Sizes
- Swatch Size Charts
- Suunto Watch Size Charts
- What Garmin Watch Size is Best for Me?
- 3D Printer Size Chart and Specifications
- Amazon Kindle Size by Model : What Size are Kindles?
- Social Media Image and Video Size by Social Platform Explained
- Youtube Shorts Size Guide and Tips: What’s the best Shorts size?
- Pinterest Pin Size Guide for Videos, Images, and More
- Playstation 5 Size: Dimensions, Weight and Box Comparison
- Playstation Controller Size and Comparison of Older Models