Football Size Chart – Guide To Standard Football Ball Sizes
In fact, football is a beautiful game. The ball size changes depending on the level of competition such as junior football up to international football. Ideally, the football shopping process becomes easier when using the correct size football chart. Football or soccer ball sizes change by age.
It is important to note that there is a plethora of football ball manufacturer’s and you need to ensure you get high-quality football balls.
Learn more from our football size guide and charts outlined.
Standard Football Size Chart.
The size football ball required for any football match is dependent on the football players age. For example, kids below three years require size 1 or mini football which has 17 inches or 43.18 cm ball circumference and should be of lighter weight while a player above 12 years will use the official size ball which is size 5 and the ball circumference is 27 inches to 28 inches or (68.58 cm to 71.12 cm).
Interestingly, if you have perfect composite football designs and correct football measurements the game of football will awesome. If you need to have a memorable football career ensure you use the standard football size chart below!
|Age||Ball Circumference in (Inches and CM)||Ball Size|
|Below 3 years||17 inches 43.18 cm||Size 1 Mini ball|
|3 to 6 years||22 inches 55.88 cm||Size 2 For Babies|
|6 to 9 years||24 inches 60.96 cm||Size 3 junior|
|9 to 11 years||25 inches to 26 inches 63.5 cm to 66.04 cm||Size 4 youth|
|Above 12 years||27 inches to 28 inches 68.58 cm to 71.12 cm||Size 5 Adult|
Football Ball Weight by Size Chart
As a player, you need to mind about football weight which is measured in ounces and kilograms as outlined in the football ball weight by size chart below!
|Age||Ball Size||Ball Weight in (Ounces and Kgs)||Ball Circumference in (Inches and CM)|
|Below 3 years||Size 1 (mini)||8 to 9 ounces 0.226796 kgs to 0.255146 kgs||18 to 20 inches 45.72 cm to 50.8 cm|
|3 to 5 years||Size 2 (extra small)||10 ounces 0.283495 kgs||20 to 22 inches 50.8 cm to 55.88 cm|
|6 to 8 years||Size 3 (junior)||11-12 ounces 0.311845 kgs to 0.340194 kgs||23 to 24 inches 58.42 cm to 60.96 cm|
|9 to 12 years||Size 4 (youth)||12-13 ounces 0.311845 kgs to 0.368544 kgs||25-26 inches 63.5 cm to 66.04 cm|
|Above 13 years||Size 5 (adult)||14-16 ounces 0.396893 kgs to 0.453592 kgs||27-28 inches 68.58 cm to 71.12 cm|
Related Sports Size Charts
- O’Neill Wetsuit Size Charts
- Surfboard Size Guide and Dimensions
- Bocce Ball Court Size and Dimensions
- Pickleball Court Vs. Tennis Court
- Basketball Hoop Rim Size and Diameter
- What is my Weightlifting and Gym Gloves Size?
- Ping-Pong Ball Size Chart
- Nike Soccer Ball Sizes
- Baseball Size and Dimensions
- Soccerball Size Guide and Dimensions
- Bocce Ball Size Chart
- Basketball Size Guide
- Tennis Ball Size Guide and Dimensions
- Volleyball Size Chart
- Cycling gloves size charts
- Steps Calculator: Steps in a Mile + Distances
- Steps Calculator: Steps in a km + Distances
- Jet Ski Size: Which Size Should You Go For?
- Rowing Machine Sizes and Types
- Sailboat Size Guide for Beginners and PROs
- Martial Arts Ring Sizes
- Hummel Size Charts
- Men’s Bike Clothes Size for All
- Millet Clothing Size Charts
- Lonsdale Boxing Sizes