Boy Shorts Size Chart and Sizing Guide
In this article, we will share the benefits of a boy shorts size chart while shopping and also show you how to take measurements in preparation for that pair of shorts for your baby boy, toddler, or youngster.
As a kid, did your mum or granny buy you oversized shorts so that you will wear them for a long period? Would you do the same for your kid? I bet not! That is why you need the boy shorts Size chart and sizing guide to help you get the correct measurements for your kid.
- Boy Shorts Chart
- Important Areas to Consider When Taking Measurements for a Boy’s Shorts
- Boy Shorts Sizing Guide & Tips
Boy Shorts Size Chart
Why do you need to use a chart when buying shorts for your boy? Well, here is precisely why a boy shorts chart is important;
- The chart will help you avoid guesswork and settle for the right pair of pants.
- You will get a proper understanding of the sizing according to the manufacturer. (Different manufacturers label sizes differently)
- You can interpret the measurements yourself without needing any assistance.
Use the table boy shorts chart below (regular ) to guide you. Please note that for the perfect fit, you will need to use the chart provided by the brand where you will be doing you will be buying from.
Toddler shorts size chart
Kids Boys Shorts size chart – regular fit
|REGULAR Sizes 4-14||4||4||5||5||6||6||7||7||8||8||9||9||10||10||11||11||12||12||14||14|
Kids Boys Shorts size chart – Slim fit
|SLIM Sizes Expand-A-Waist, Double Knee, 2 Inch Hem.||4||4||5||5||6||6||7||7||8||8||9||9||10||10||11||11||12||12||14||14||16||16||18||18|
Kids Boys Shorts size chart – Slim fit
|HUSKY Sizes 25-40||25||25||26||26||27||27||28||28||29||29||30||30||31||31||32||32||33||33||34||34||35||35||36||36||37||37|
|PREPS 2 Inch Hem.||IN||CM||IN||CM||IN||CM||IN||CM||IN||CM|
Youth Boys Shorts size chart – Slim fit
|INSEAM OPEN BOTTOM||36.00||90||36||90||36||90||36||90||36||90||36||90||36||90|
Important Areas to Consider When Taking Measurements for a Boy’s Shorts
Related: Kids Size Charts
The most important areas to consider when taking measurements for a boy’s shorts include the natural waist, hips, thighs, or the inseam, length, and leg opening.
If you are not able to take the kid’s measurements on your own or the boy is not around, you can use well-ironed shorts without creases of his size to measure, then record the measurements and present them to the shopping store. The level of accuracy will be almost the same as taking real body measurements
Follow this guide to ensure you get the correct size measurements. Note that all body measurements should be taken in an upright position for accurate sizing. Also do not fix the tape measure too tight for both kids and youth sizing. Leave some space for movement.
To get the exact size, wrap the tape measure around the natural waistline, and record down the readings, that is the waistband size.
Wrap the measuring tape horizontally around the widest area of the hips and note down.
Take measurements along the inseam, right from the crotch down to the bottom.
Place the tape parallel to the chest and measure across the boy’s chest and natural shoulder blades with his hands down. For girls, their bra size will guide you on the chest measurement depending on their cup size.
Boy Shorts Sizing Guide & Tips
Getting the sizing right can be a headache. Sometimes the size can be right but still notice that the shorts don’t look great on the boy. There are many other things you need to get right that play a huge role as well in size. The shoe size and the sock size of the kid, for example, are equally great determinants of the short’s length.
Always remember these tips as they will come in handy in the search for perfect-fit boy’s shorts.
- If the measurement falls between sizes, go for the larger pant size.
- Some shorts come in the common regular sizes but are marked hence taking measurements prior is still key.
- The inseam measurements will depend on the range of motion and activities the boy is involved in.
- The waistband size should match the belt size inch measurements. If the kid has bigger size hips compared to the waistline you can get him a stretcher material waistband.
- When taking foot measurements, the boy should lay down on a flat surface to ensure the measuring tape is not bent and take firm measurements.
- On the shorts, measurements can be recorded in alpha size e.g M, XL, XXL, S, etc or written down in inches like the waistband.
- Do not order a larger size of shorts than the usual fit as they tend to crease at the crotch,
- For soccer shorts, you can choose between fair range and enhanced range due to their stretching ability, especially for legacy sizing. Carry with you a list of measurements for tips and a rough idea of the size though.
Boy Shorts size Chart and How to Take Kids Standard Measurements explained (video)
We hope you are now well equipped to buy some nice shorts for your lovely boy. When shopping online though, choose websites with easier shipping methods and commendable customer assistance to avoid waiting for long.
Remember that your boy might quickly overgrow the shorts given that kids are ever-growing fast. So don’t buy too many pairs of shorts. Just use this boy shorts size chart and buy a couple at a time to ensure you are spending money wisely. This shopping approach is way better than buying so many at once and ending up not using them. If you have shorts that your boy is no longer using, you can consider donating them to children’s homes or keeping them for future kids, if you have plans!
We wish you all the best as you shop for that perfect pair of shorts for your boy! Do not forget to share these tips with your friends and please ask any questions you might have about the boy shorts chart and sizing guide.
Related to Boy Shorts size Chart and Sizing Guide
- Kids Bike Clothes Size Chart for all ages and heights
- Graco Baby Strollers Size and Different Models by weight
- Ralph Lauren Kids Size Chart and Fitting Guide for clothes & shoes
- Britax Strollers Size Guide and Different Models
- Graco Infant Car Seat Size and How to Install It
- Infant Car Seat Size Explained in Detail by age, weight & height
- Kid’s Plus Size Clothing Guide for boys and girls
- Short-Sleeved Bodysuit Size Chart & Guide: men, women & kids
- Sleeveless Belted Utility Jacket Size Chart for men and women
- Boy Shorts Size Chart and Sizing Guide
- Youth shoe size chart – US – UK – EU sizing
- Britax car seat size chart by model, weight and age
- Diaper size by kids age with easy to use size charts and tips
- Baby crib size chart for the best sleeping experience of your newborn
- Shein Kids Size Charts for apparel, accessories and shoes
- Huggies Size Chart for all ages by type (size charts included)
- J Crew kids size chart: sizes for boys’ and girls’ clothes and shoes
- Gap Kid’s Size Charts for clothes, apparel, accessories and shoes
- Childrens Hat size chart and conversion table
- Carter’s sizing from new born to kids (with easy to use size charts)
- Stride Rite Size chart from babies to big kids (+ EU shoe size conversion)
- Florsheim Shoe Size Chart and fitting guide for adults and kids shoes