Dart Board size – dimension and distance
This post was last updated on May 26th, 2022 at 05:26 pm
Darts is played with a variety of different rules. Many types of dart games come with different rules (cricket and ‘01’ games are popular darts games) but some are equal in all darts games: the dart board size and dimensions. The diameter of the board, the height of the bulls eye, the throwing distance,… all important measurements for a great game of darts
Standard Dart Board Size
For most dart boards, dimensions are standard as follows (in mm and inches) :
- Inside measurement of double and treble ring: 8mm – 0.3″
- Inside diameter of bull: 12.7mm – 0.5″
- Inside diameter of outer bull: 31.8mm – 1.25″
- Center bull to the inside edge of treble wire: 107mm – 4.2″
- Center bull to outside edge bull wire: 170mm – 6.7″
- Outside edge of the double wire to outside edge of double wire: 340mm – 13.4″
- Overall dartboard diameter: 451mm – 17.75″
- Thickness: 1.5″ – 3.8cm
Dart Board distance and dimension
|Dartboard||Height to Centre Bull||Centre Bull to Oche||Throw Distance|
|Standard||5′ 8″ / 1.73m||9′ 7 ½” / 2.93m||7′ 9 ¼” / 2.37m|
|Standard (Wheelchair User)||4′ 6″ / 1.37m||9′ 0″ / 2.74m||7′ 9 ¼” / 2.37m|
|Soft-tip||5′ 8″ / 1.73m||9′ 9 ¾” / 2.99m||8′ 0″ / 2.44m|
Oche dimensions in darts games
The oche is the line behind which the throwing player stands.
- 25mm high – 0.025m – 0.98″ high
- 915mm long – 0.915m – 36″ long
- 2.37m – 7’ 9.25” as a minimum throwing distance from the rear of the oche towards the face of the dartboard.
- 2.93m – 9’ 7.5” to bullseye as the diagonal distance from the bull centre to the oche at floor level
The encroachment line is a taped line situated 1.5m behind the oche. This line marks where the second player must stand as his/her opponent is playing a shot
How to set up a darts board
Height from bullseye to the ground
Your dart board must be attached around 5 feet and 8 inches high, measure this from the centre of the dart board (bullseye) to the ground. The height can also be measured as 68″, 1.73 meters or 173 centimeters.
Distance for women
Women players don’t need any other setup measurements. The setup for ladies and throwing distance remains the same for women’s darts as well.
Distance between 2 darts boards
No matter how you hung your dart board (on a wall or on a mobile stand), keep 3m – 9.8′ distance from board measures bull to bull.
Dart board size FAQ
What Height Should the Dart board Be?
The height from the floor to the center of the dartboard ( or the bulls eye) must be 5 feet 8 inches (1.73 meters)
How Far Should the Throwing Line Be?
The official distance to the throwing line (or Oche) is 7 feet 9 ¼ inches – 2.37 meters from the face of the dartboard. As you can tell, the distance is not measured from the wall. A standard 18″ dartboard is approximately 1 ½” or 3.8cm thick.
How to Measure the Throwing distance from a Dartboard
Dart board size explained
Related Hobby and House Size charts
- Deodorant and Antiperspirant Sizes
- Nordica Ski Sizes for Adults and Kids
- Rossignol Alpine Ski Sizes
- Stairs Sizes: Standard Measurements
- IKEA Alex Drawer Size chart and Dimensions
- What Sleeping Bag Size do I need? (Charts for Men, Women and Kids)
- Shower Size Chart: What are the Standard shower sizes?
- What is the Standard Size of Brick? Brick Sizes & Dimensions
- Chair Size Chart: Find Your Perfect Fit!
- Standard Pallet Sizes and Dimensions
- Jar Size Guide: How to Choose the Right Size?
- How Big Can Bed Bugs Be and What Color?
- What Kite Size do I need for Kitesurfing?
- Ladder Size Chart and Dimensions: What size of ladder do I need?
- IKEA Hemnes Daybed Size and Measurements
- Guitar Size Chart by Types of Guitars: what size do I need?
- Bathtub Size and Different Types: What are bathtub dimensions?
- Sofa Sleeper Size & Dimensions: what is the size of a sofa bed?
- Squishmallow Size: How many Different Sizes Are There?
- Roller Skates Size: Find The Perfect Fit
- Dishwasher Size Chart, dimensions & Measurement Guide