Dart Board size – dimension and distance
This post was last updated on May 26th, 2022 at 05:26 pm
Darts is played with a variety of different rules. Many types of dart games come with different rules (cricket and ‘01’ games are popular darts games) but some are equal in all darts games: the dart board size and dimensions. The diameter of the board, the height of the bulls eye, the throwing distance,… all important measurements for a great game of darts
Standard Dart Board Size
For most dart boards, dimensions are standard as follows (in mm and inches) :
- Inside measurement of double and treble ring: 8mm – 0.3″
- Inside diameter of bull: 12.7mm – 0.5″
- Inside diameter of outer bull: 31.8mm – 1.25″
- Center bull to the inside edge of treble wire: 107mm – 4.2″
- Center bull to outside edge bull wire: 170mm – 6.7″
- Outside edge of the double wire to outside edge of double wire: 340mm – 13.4″
- Overall dartboard diameter: 451mm – 17.75″
- Thickness: 1.5″ – 3.8cm
Dart Board distance and dimension
|Dartboard||Height to Centre Bull||Centre Bull to Oche||Throw Distance|
|Standard||5′ 8″ / 1.73m||9′ 7 ½” / 2.93m||7′ 9 ¼” / 2.37m|
|Standard (Wheelchair User)||4′ 6″ / 1.37m||9′ 0″ / 2.74m||7′ 9 ¼” / 2.37m|
|Soft-tip||5′ 8″ / 1.73m||9′ 9 ¾” / 2.99m||8′ 0″ / 2.44m|
Oche dimensions in darts games
The oche is the line behind which the throwing player stands.
- 25mm high – 0.025m – 0.98″ high
- 915mm long – 0.915m – 36″ long
- 2.37m – 7’ 9.25” as a minimum throwing distance from the rear of the oche towards the face of the dartboard.
- 2.93m – 9’ 7.5” to bullseye as the diagonal distance from the bull centre to the oche at floor level
The encroachment line is a taped line situated 1.5m behind the oche. This line marks where the second player must stand as his/her opponent is playing a shot
How to set up a darts board
Height from bullseye to the ground
Your dart board must be attached around 5 feet and 8 inches high, measure this from the centre of the dart board (bullseye) to the ground. The height can also be measured as 68″, 1.73 meters or 173 centimeters.
Distance for women
Women players don’t need any other setup measurements. The setup for ladies and throwing distance remains the same for women’s darts as well.
Distance between 2 darts boards
No matter how you hung your dart board (on a wall or on a mobile stand), keep 3m – 9.8′ distance from board measures bull to bull.
Dart board size FAQ
What Height Should the Dart board Be?
The height from the floor to the center of the dartboard ( or the bulls eye) must be 5 feet 8 inches (1.73 meters)
How Far Should the Throwing Line Be?
The official distance to the throwing line (or Oche) is 7 feet 9 ¼ inches – 2.37 meters from the face of the dartboard. As you can tell, the distance is not measured from the wall. A standard 18″ dartboard is approximately 1 ½” or 3.8cm thick.
How to Measure the Throwing distance from a Dartboard
Dart board size explained
Related Hobby and House Size charts
- U-Haul Truck Size: Choose the right sized moving truck
- Rug Size for Living room use, compared to table and sofa size
- Rug size for hallways guide with easy to use size charts by type of rug
- Treble hook size chart by dimension and type of fish
- Ziploc Bag size, a full guide with zipper storage bags for all sizes
- Trampoline size guide and dimensions for all ages and weight
- The complete Stove size chart with tips to get the best out of your kitchen
- Fishing Rod Length Guide – The Complete Guide
- Blackstone Griddle size and barbecue dimensions
- Sofa Size and dimension guide for all kind of couches
- Ping Pong Table size and dimensions: a complete guide
- Picture Frame Size for photos or art – standard and special sizes
- Barbecue size and dimensions
- Weighted Blanket size charts for Adults and children
- Yoga Ball Size chart for exercising or for your office
- Yoga Clothes size for men and women (with easy to read size charts)
- Yoga Mat Size Guide for all use (easy size charts included)
- Rug sizes for bedrooms – all rug dimensions for all sizes of beds
- Rug sizes and dimensions (with easy to use size-charts)
- Ski pole size advice with easy to use size charts
- Blanket sizes chart, a complete blanket dimensions guide