Dart Board size – dimension and distance
Darts is played with a variety of different rules. Many types of dart games come with different rules (cricket and ‘01’ games are popular darts games) but some are equal in all darts games: the dart board size and dimensions. The diameter of the board, the height of the bulls eye, the throwing distance,… all important measurements for great game of darts
Standard Dart Board Size
For most dart boards, dimensions are standard as follows (in mm and inches) :
- Inside measurement of double and treble ring: 8mm – 0.3″
- Inside diameter of bull: 12.7mm – 0.5″
- Inside diameter of outer bull: 31.8mm – 1.25″
- Center bull to the inside edge of treble wire: 107mm – 4.2″
- Center bull to outside edge bull wire: 170mm – 6.7″
- Outside edge of the double wire to outside edge of double wire: 340mm – 13.4″
- Overall dartboard diameter: 451mm – 17.75″
- Thickness: 1.5″ – 3.8cm
Dart Board distance and dimension
|Dartboard||Height to Centre Bull||Centre Bull to Oche||Throw Distance|
|Standard||5′ 8″ / 1.73m||9′ 7 ½” / 2.93m||7′ 9 ¼” / 2.37m|
|Standard (Wheelchair User)||4′ 6″ / 1.37m||9′ 0″ / 2.74m||7′ 9 ¼” / 2.37m|
|Soft-tip||5′ 8″ / 1.73m||9′ 9 ¾” / 2.99m||8′ 0″ / 2.44m|
Oche dimensions in darts games
The oche is the line behind which the throwing player stands.
- 25mm high – 0.025m – 0.98″ high
- 915mm long – 0.915m – 36″ long
- 2.37m – 7’ 9.25” as a minimum throwing distance from the rear of the oche towards the face of the dartboard.
- 2.93m – 9’ 7.5” to bullseye as the diagonal distance from the bull centre to the oche at floor level
The encroachment line is a taped line situated 1.5m behind the oche. This line marks where the second player must stand as his/her opponent is playing a shot
How to set up a darts board
Height from bullseye to the ground
Your dart board must be attached around 5 feet and 8 inches high, measure this from the centre of the dart board (bullseye) to the ground. The height can also be measured as 68″, 1.73 meters or 173 centimeters.
Distance for women
Women players don’t need any other setup measurements. The setup for ladies and throwing distance remains the same for women’s darts as well.
Distance between 2 darts boards
No matter how you hung your dart board (on a wall or on a mobile stand), keep 3m – 9.8′ distance from board measures bull to bull.
Dartboards size FAQ
What Height Should the Dart board Be?
The height from the floor to the center of the dartboard ( or the bulls eye) must be 5 feet 8 inches (1.73 meters)
How Far Should the Throwing Line Be?
The official distance to the throwing line (or Oche) is 7 feet 9 ¼ inches – 2.37 meters from the face of the dartboard. As you can tell, the distance is not measured from the wall. A standard 18″ dartboard is approximately 1 ½” or 3.8cm thick.
Related Hobby and House Size charts
- Storage Unit Size Chart – Guide To Comparing Spaces
- Pool Table Size Chart And Sizing Guide
- Dart Board size – dimension and distance
- Ski helmet size chart
- Lamp Shade Size Guide Chart – How to Choose the Right Size?
- Air Compressor Size Chart And Selection Guide
- Motorcycle helmet size chart : fitting and dimensions for safe riding
- Fishing Gear Size – The Complete Guide
- Bed Size Chart – Measurements And Dimension for king, queen,… beds
- Peloton Bike Size and Dimensions guide
- Fridge Size Chart – dimensions and Buying Guide
- Hybrid And Fitness Bike Size Chart
- Cornhole Board Size and dimensions guide
- Boiler Size Chart – What size boiler do I need?
- Sink Base Cabinet Size Chart – Your Guide to the Standard Sizes
- Ceiling Fan Size Chart And Buying Guide
- Velux Skylight Size Chart – Roofing Help & Advice
- Xbox Size Chart
- Playstation Size Chart
- Ansi Paper Size Chart – North America paper Sizes And Formats
- Crochet Hook Size Chart – A Handy Conversion Guide