Tempur-Pedic Mattress Size : What sizes TempurPedic comes in ?
This post was last updated on March 2nd, 2023 at 11:28 am
Tempur-Pedic Mattress size comes in 9 dimensions and 3 depths (heights)
- Twin: 38″ x 74″
- Twin Long: 38″ x 80″
- Full: 53″ x 74″
- Queen: 60″x 80″
- Split Queen: 30″ x 80″ (by piece with a 2-piece foundation)
- King: 38″ x 80″ (by piece with a 2-piece foundation)
- Split King: 38″ x 80″ (by piece with a 2-piece foundation)
- CA King: 36″ x 84″ (by piece with a 2-piece foundation)
- Split CA King: 36″ x 84″ (by piece with a 2-piece foundation)
Discover all in the Tempur-Pedic Mattress Size Chart. What are the dimensions of a king size Tempurpedic mattress and who is it best for? How deep is a Tempurpedic mattress? Find out below.
How many inches deep is a Tempur-Pedic mattress?
The type of mattress defines how tall are the TempurPedic Mattresses: The current mattress models vary in height depending on the mattress. TEMPUR-Cloud (Bed in a Bag) is 10 inches in height, TEMPUR-Adapt is 11, TEMPUR-ProAdapt and TEMPUR-PRObreeze are both 12 inches in height, TEMPUR-LuxeAdapt and TEMPUR-LUXEbreeze are 13 inches.Tempur-Pedic
TempurPedic Mattress Sizing Table of Content
- How to Measure your Mattress Size?
- The complete Tempur-Pedic Mattresses Sizing chart
- What are the dimensions of a King Size Tempur-Pedic Mattress?
- Which size Tempur-Pedic mattress thickness should i get? The Tempur Mattress thickness guide
- Choose your TempurPedic Mattress: Compare different mattresses
- Tempurpedic mattresses explained by size
- Where can I buy Tempur-Pedic Mattresses?
- Mattress size by region
- Mattress sizes FAQ
How to Measure your Tempur-Pedic Mattress
What’s the perfect Mattress Size? Start with measuring to define your preferred TempurPedic Mattress. The main reason is that choosing the right mattress size is mainly based on personal preferences. Take the measurements of your room also into account when choosing your Tempur Mattress Size.
Time needed: 3 minutes
Measure your mattress size in 6 simple steps, with extra steps to be sure you have chosen the perfect bed for your sleep
- Make sure your mattress is free of blankets, sheets, and pillows
It is best to measure the correct size of your mattress when there is absolutely nothing on it. If there is a comfort layer on your mattress, feel free to leave it.
- Measure the width of your mattress from left to right.
Mattresses can bend towards the ends, so be sure to measure from the ends of each side of the mattress.
Use a flexible ruler or tape measure when measuring. Write the measurements on a piece of paper so you don’t forget them.
- Measure the length of your mattress from the foot end to the head end.
When your mattress deflects at the head and foot end, be sure to measure the furthest point from each side.
- Measure the height from the bottom to the top of the mattress
When you have a comfort layer on your mattress, feel free to leave it in your measurement. If not, only measure the height of the mattress.
- Apply these measurements in the size tables below of this article
These measurements will help you choose the standard size of the mattress of your choice. The standard Tempur Mattress sizes are Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King and California King
- Extra: Measure the doorways and hallways in your home before purchasing a new mattress
This is a very important dimension because you have to be absolutely sure that the mattress of your dreams. Choose the width of your mattress so that it can pass through the lowest doorway in your house where you have to carry it
Pay attention to the width and height of stairs that you have to pass with the mattress
- Extra: Measure the bed frame before you buy the mattress.
This sounds logical, but it is recommended that you also measure your bed frame. Or when you buy a separate bed frame, it is best to check the dimensions, as these can vary from different manufacturers.
- Extra: Measure your room
Make sure there is enough space around the bed or mattress you plan to buy. This space is preferably provided along 3 sides of the mattress so that you can walk smoothly past your bed. We have written a separate article about this topic.
Remember that height/thickness varies depending on the model, so there is no universal thickness for each mattress size.
TempurPedic Mattress size chart
Factors like room size, how active a sleeper you are, and whether or not you share a bed influence which Tempur Pedic Mattresses sizes suit your needs.
Understanding the dimension and names will help you narrow down the options to help you find the right bed size to suit your specific needs.
TempurPedic Mattress sizes
Discover Tempur-Pedic range of mattresses by the comfort of reception meeting the requirements of each sleeper: flexible, medium (medium-firm), and firm. Whatever your sleeping needs and habits, you will find the quality mattress that suits you.
|Size||Dimensions (IN)||Dimensions (CM)||Comfortably Fits|
|Twin||38″ x 75″||96.5 x 190.5cm||Single sleepers|
|Twin XL||38″ x 80″||96.5 x 203.2cm||Tall single sleepers|
|Full||54″ x 76″||137.2 x 190.5cm||Single sleepers or couples (if you don’t mind being close)|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||152.4 x 203.2cm||Single sleepers, couples, or even pets|
|King||76″ x 80″||193 x 203.2cm||Two sleepers, with room to spare|
|Cal King||72″ x 84″||182.9 x 213.4cm||Two taller individuals|
Tempur-Pedic Mattress dimensions in inches and centimers (Updated list)
- Tempur-Pedic Mattress Single Size: 38″ x 74″ or 98 cm x 189 cm : read more details below
- Tempur-Pedic Mattress Twin Size: 38″ x 74″ or 98 cm x 189 cm : read more details below
- Tempur-Pedic Mattres Twin XL Size: 38″ x 80″ or 98 × 202 cm : read more details below
- Tempurpedic Mattress full size: 54″ x 75″ or 136 × 189 cm : read more details below
- Tempur Pedic Queen Mattress: 60″ x 80″ or 152 × 202 cm : read more details below
- Tempur-Pedic King Mattress: 76″ x 80″ or 193 × 202 cm : read more details below
- Tempur-Pedic California King Mattress: 72″ x 84″ or 183 × 212 cm : read more details below
Want to know the weight and thickness of TempurPedic mattresses?
These depend on the model, check them below
TempurPedic King Size Mattress Dimensions
A king-size bed and king mattress dimensions are 76 inches (6 feet, 4 inches) in width by 80 inches (6 feet, 8 inches) in length. The Width can be in 1 mattress, or in 2 Twin XL . This provides enough legroom for most people like couples that like more space. A tempur-Pedic King Mattress is also the favorite choice for couples sharing a bed with children and/or pets. Tempurpedic Mattress thickness varies from 10 inch to 12″
|Tempur-Pedic King Size Mattress||Dimensions||Height||Weight||Best for|
|Tempur-Cloud Mattress||76″ x 80″||10.0″||115 lbs||Stomach Sleepers|
|Tempur-Adapt Mattress||76″ x 80″||12.0″||129 lbs||Side Sleepers, Back Pain|
|Tempur Pro-Adapt Mattress||76″ x 80″||14.0″||121 lbs||Memory Foam, Stomach sleepers|
|Tempur Luxe-Adapt Mattress||76″ x 80″||15.5″||152 lbs||Back Sleepers, overall Comfort|
|Tempur Breeze Mattress||76″ x 80″||12.0″||140 lbs||Hot sleepers, Side Sleepers, All weight Sleepers|
Tempur offers four ranges of mattresses, the comfort of which varies from one mattress to another. You will choose according to your preference for a flexible or firm, invigorating or reactive welcome.
Tempur-Pedic Mattress Thickness: Height of Tempur-Pedic Mattresses
The term “mattress thickness” is the same as “mattress height” and “mattress depth.” The Mattress thickness is only a part of the overall height of your bed. When your mattress is on the floor it’s the complete height of the bed.
Material Thickness is the vertical dimension of a mattress. (height of the mattress)
|Tempur Pedic Mattress Type||Tempur-Pedic Mattress Height in Inches||Tempur-Pedic Mattress weight in Lbs|
|Tempur-Cloud Mattress||11.5″ or 14.5″||100 – 145 lbs|
|Tempur-Adapt Mattress||13.0″||100 – 170 lbs|
|Tempur Pro-Adapt Mattress||14.0″||77 – 170 lbs|
|Tempur Luxe-Adapt Mattress||15.5″||80 – 169 lbs|
|Tempur Breeze Mattress||12.0″||61 – 116 lbs|
|TEMPUR-Dream 2-Stage Crib/Toddler Mattress||10.0″||61 – 79 lbs|
Compare Tempur-Pedic Mattress Sizes
TempurPedic.com has a great comparing tool to find out your perfect type of mattress. With the above Tempur-Pedic Size Charts, you can buy the bed of your dreams.
Different regions, different Sizes
This page focused mainly on North American Sizes of Mattresses.
What size TempurPedic mattress is the right one?
The mattress size should always be the same as the box spring (or box springs), regardless of the mattress technology (foam, memory foam, latex or pocket springs). Choose a mattress and box spring of equal sizes for optimized bedding that will give you a royal sleep.
A mattress that is too large would not be fully maintained over its entire surface. Too large a box spring would be wasted space. These are two cases that we want to avoid for you. For full support, better efficiency, and optimum life, match the mattress and box spring sizes. Do you want to know the sizes most used in USA and what they generally correspond to?
|Tempur Pedic Mattress size||Dimensions||Weight||Best Mattress for|
|Twin||38” x 74”||40 LBS||Kids, Adolescents, and teens|
|Twin XL||38” x 80”||42 LBS||Teens or solo sleepers over 6 feet|
|Full||54”x 75”||55 LBS||Solo sleepers of short or average height, People with pets or children|
|Queen||60” x 80”||66 LBS||Couples with average size bedrooms|
|King||76” x 80”||84 LBS||Couples with kids and/ larger bedrooms, Couples with pets, Couples with children|
|California king||72” x 84”||83 LBS||Taller couples with different sleep preferences, Couples with pets, Couples with children|
|Split king||76” x 80”||84 LBS||Couples with separate sleeping needs/wants|
|Split California king||72” x 84 (36″(2) x 84″)||83 LBS||Couples with separate sleeping needs/wants|
Tempur-Pedic Mattress size explained by Size
TempurPedic Twin Size — 38″ W X 74″ L Or Tempur-Pedic Mattress Single Size
All Tempur-Pedic Twin mattresses are a great choice for any individual. The standard measurements are 38″ x 74″, making it the perfect fit for small spaces and single sleepers.
TempurPedic Twin XL size — 38″ x 80″
Need a little more legroom? The Twin XL is the mattress for you. Offering a few extra inches while still fitting in small spaces, the Tempur Pedic Twin XL is the standard for tall individuals. It measures 38″ x 80″.
Tempur Pedic Full Size — 54″ x 75″
A classic mattress for guest rooms, the Full mattress is more spacious for single sleepers and can accommodate two people. The measurements are 54″ x 75″, which fits well in most standard rooms.
TempurPedic Queen Size Mattress — 60″ W X 80″ L
A popular choice for couples. This standard mattress measures 60″ x 80″. In addition to being comfortable and roomy, it is a cost-effective option compared to other larger sizes. It fits well in most bedrooms, but measure your space.
Tempur Pedic King Size — 76″ W X 80″ L
Whether you’re a couple looking for more room to stretch out, need extra space for your pets, or want a bigger bed (we won’t tell), the King is the mattress for you. The standard measurements are 76″ x 80″, making it a good match for larger bedrooms.
TempurPedic Cal King Size — 72″ W X 84″ L
The California King might be the best fit if you or your partner are taller. Measuring 72″ x 84″, it adds extra length so your feet won’t hang off the bed, while also a little narrower than a standard King-size bed.
Explainer Video on TempurPedic Mattress sizes
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
How do I know my Tempur mattress size?
There are two ways to determine the size of your mattress.
The first is to measure your bed and the second is to measure your mattress. It is recommended that the mattress be at least 10 cm or 4″ longer than the tallest person sleeping on it.
The dimensions of a mattress, are measured from head to foot for the length and from side to side for the width. As an extra, you can measure the depth or height of the mattress, from the bottom to the top.
What are the dimensions of a full-size Tempur-Pedic mattress?
A Full-size Tempur-Pedic mattress measures 54″ by 75″, with a thickness of 12″, weighing 55lbs. This is a classic mattress for guest rooms. A Full mattress offers more space for single sleepers and can accommodate two people. A Tempurpedic Full size mattress fits well in most standard rooms
How thick is a tempurpedic mattress?
Depending on the mattress, the Tempurpedic mattress models have a different height. Height and thickness is sometimes referred to “how deep or how tall is a tempurpedic mattress?”
- TEMPUR-Cloud (Bed in a Bag) is 10 inches tall, followed by
- TEMPUR-Adapt at 11 inches
- TEMPUR-ProAdapt at 12 inches
- TEMPUR-PRObreeze at 13 inches
- TEMPUR-LuxeAdapt at 14 inches.
How wide is a king size tempurpedic Mattress?
Tempur-Pedic king mattresses are 76′′ by 80′′ in size. King mattresses are 16′′ wider than queen mattresses yet the same length.
What is the best size TempurPedic Mattress for couples?
The best Tempur-pedic mattress for couples would be a King bed (75″ or 193 cm wide) for couples, which is the same for each person sleeping on their own Twin XL (37,5″ or 95cm wide) bed. The King bed offers each person 8” to 9″ inch of extra space than using a Queen sized bed (60″ inch or 152 cms wide)
The majority of couples choose mattress sizes 160×200 cm or 180×200 cm. With mattresses of this size, most couples have enough room for a comfortable, restful sleep without being bothered by their partner.
What are the most standard TempurPedic mattress sizes?
Twin or Single Mattress: 38″ X 75″ or 98 cm X 189 cm
Twin XL Mattress: 39″ x 80″ or 98 × 202 cm
Full or Double Mattress: 54″ x 75″ or 136 × 189 cm
Queen Mattress: 60″ x 80″ or 152 × 202 cm
King Mattress: 75″ x 80″ or 193 × 202 cm
California King: 72″ x 84″ or 183 × 212 cm
If you do not know which size to choose, we recommend that a mattress for individual use should not be less than 98cm or 38″ wide, for mattresses where there are two sleepers it should not be less than 152cm or 60″ wide. Regarding the length of the mattress, it is recommended that it be about 10cm or 4″ longer than the sleeper is. In the case of double beds, the tallest person will be taken as a reference.
To know which mattress is the right one, you must know your preferences, take into account body weight, and above all, if you have any health problems for rest. We can find from the firmer (spring mattresses) to the softest (latex mattresses). The most recommended are memory foam mattresses, these have a medium firmness and offer good adaptability for the sleeper.
Queen Mattress is the most popular mattress size. Because it is an ideal choice for many people. The 60 x 80-inch queen-sized bed offers enough space for anyone sleeping alone but is still generous enough for two people. Also spacious enough for tall people, and suitable for bedrooms of various shapes and sizes.
About Tempur-Pedic Mattress
NASA developed the Tempur-Pedic material in the 1970s to improve comfort and support for astronauts during take-off. Their goal: to redistribute weight and pressure evenly. The Tempur material was originally designed to cushion and support astronauts during takeoff during space travel. Tempur has capitalized on this technology to enrich it for the benefit of sleep comfort.
The Tempur sleep experts have thus designed an exclusive and unique material that goes even further than memory foam. Tempur-PedicMemory foam mattresses have since been revolutionized by the Tempur innovation that has transformed the sleep of all Tempur-Pedicmattress holders around the world. Tempur-Pedicmattresses relieve pressure points and limit nocturnal movements for evermore peaceful nights. Tempur-Pedic mattresses adapt to your body while you sleep, providing you with dreamy comfort and optimal support throughout the night.
Tempur-Pedic mattresses are part of the premium mattress category on the market. More than a feeling of a cloud, we are aiming here at the feeling of weightlessness! No wonder Tempur-Pedicmattresses are recognized as some of the most premium mattresses in the world. They are now particularly recommended for demanding people or with special medical conditions. All of Tempur-Pedic are equipped with cool touch technology. This technology allows you to get a feeling of freshness all night long by absorbing excess temperature.
With Tempura foam (TEMPUR material) the mattresses have high-quality memory foam. It is generally characterized by the fact that it adapts particularly well to the body’s contours and provides a feeling of relaxation. The pressure on the Tempur mattress, whether the Hybrid Tempur, Sensation Elite Tempur, or Original Deluxe Tempur model, is thus well distributed.
At Tempur-Pedic, the top of the range can be seen even in the finishes. With its custom-made cover and meticulous finishes, your mattress gains in elegance. Tempur-Pedicteam of designers has collaborated with the world leaders in design IDEO to offer you a contemporary design. The quality of Tempur-Pedic mattresses also ensures unparalleled durability and an undisputed advantage when purchasing: they are guaranteed for 10 years!
Tempur mattresses are based on 4 different technologies.
Tempur-pedic mattress, Sensation technology:
It is particularly intended for sleepers in search of an invigorating welcome, which guarantees freedom of movement. It is based on memory foam. It’s paired with a CoolTouch ticking, which helps wick away moisture (we sweat around 150 liters of sweat per year!) And keeps you cool even on the hottest nights. The mattresses range from 8” to 12” thick to offer you even more comfort.
Tempur-pedic mattress, Cloud technology:
If you’re looking for a mattress that balances a soft feel and nonetheless firm support, then Tempur Clouds is for you. Here again, the basic material is memory foam, which is associated with a quality filling, with a thickness also ranging from 7″ to 8″.
Tempur-pedic mattress, Contour technology:
Fans of hospitality and firm maintenance will turn to this technology. It is made up of memory foam, and an increasingly dense filling depending on the thickness of the mattress.
Tempur-pedic, Hybrid technology:
Between the unparalleled comfort of pocket springs and that of memory foam, choose no more! The former gives you more dynamic support, while the latter helps relieve pressure points.
How to Choose a Mattress for your room size? Check it here.
Related House and bed size charts
- Blanket sizes chart : blanket sizes and dimensions in inches & cmBlanket sizes don’t come in standard sizes like mattress sizes, but they are made in a set range of measurements. Discover them all in the Blanket sizes chart here
- Tempur-Pedic Mattress Size : What sizes TempurPedic comes in ?TEMPUR® materials provide unparalleled pressure relief and motion cancellation — to help you fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer. Discover all Dimension in the Tempur-pedic Mattress size chart
- Casper mattress size: What sizes do Casper Mattresses come in?Casper is a quality all-foam mattress great for all sleeper types! Discover all Mattress sizes of Casper in this post.
- Queen Box Spring Size Guide with Mattress and Bed ComparisonHave you ever wondered what the queen box spring size is? It is the second biggest spring size of any bed foundation with a dimension of 60 inches by 80 inches. Its large surface area makes it easy to support large mattresses like the queen-size bed.
- Sweetnight Mattress size and dimensions (easy size charts included)It may seem a lot that we care so much about the size of our mattress. Think about it, how much
- Pillow size and dimensions (with size chart included)Pillow sizes and dimensions are very proportional to the bed size and to their intended function. Read on to discover the proper physical size of the best pillows for you.
- RV Mattress Size Chart – Ultimate Buying GuideWith many types and sizes of RV mattresses, it is essential to check the RV mattress size chart while shopping so that you can get a perfect-fitting RV or caravan mattress. Mattresses for RVs come in a variety of sizes.
- Crib Mattress DimensionsNeed help looking for the perfect size Crib for your newborn or baby-to-come? Discover the full crib mattress dimensions and size guide to start.
- Birch Mattress Sizing guideAs a new brand of Helix, Birch mattresses brings an organical and ecological mattress. Discover the Birch Mattress sizing guide so you can see if this specific model is the right selection for you.
- Leesa Mattress Dimensions guideDiscover a full size, Leesa Mattress dimensions guide so you can see if this specific model is the right selection for you.
- Nolah Mattress Dimension GuidePurchasing a new mattress or bed is a huge investment. You want quality at a reasonable price while not compromising on comfort. Discover a full size and dimension guide of Nolah mattresses so you can see if this specific model is the right selection for you.
- Helix Mattress Dimension GuideDiscover a full size and dimension guide of Helix mattresses so you can see if this specific model or brand is the right selection for you.
- Tuft and Needle Mattress Size ChartTuft & Needle mattresses are known for their foamy-yet-resilient feel, without the classic sink people may associate with all-foam mattresses…check the Tuft & Needle Mattress Size chart
- Saatva Mattress Size ChartSaatva is a luxury mattress brand great for all sleeper types! Discover all dimension in this Saatva Mattress Size chart post.
- Nectar mattress sizing GuideNectar is a quality memory foam mattress great for all sleeper types! Trusted by millions of sleepers worldwide, Discover Nectar Mattress Size Chart in this post.
- Purple Mattress sizePurple offers a range of mattresses in all common sizes with their own developed Purple Grid Technology. A supersoft, cooling mattress for all sleeper types! Discover all Mattress sizes of Purple in this post.
- International mattress size chartA good Mattress is something you buy for many years to come. Easy to buy online these days, but so many sizes and names 🤷♀️ Read our Mattress Sizing and names post to figure it out