Christmas Tree size guide – width and height
This post was last updated on December 12th, 2021 at 08:42 am
Choosing and decorating an artificial Christmas tree is probably one of the most exciting highlights of the season. However, before you buy your Christmas tree, consider whether its size suits your space. Here’s our Christmas tree size chart(height and shape guide) to help you out. How tall should your Christmas tree be? What size Christmas tree do you need? Should you go for the classic full shape, a narrow one, or something different? These are a few questions to consider when shopping for your new artificial Christmas tree
Christmas Tree Size Chart Table of content
How to find the right size Christmas tree?
Step 1: Choose the location where you want to put your christmas tree
Step 2: Measure your space you have available
Step 3: Find the perfect christmas tree shape, height and size
Christmas tree sizing chart
A Christmas tree height chart to guide you.
Choose the right height
Allow 12 inches or 30 centimeters of space between the top of your tree and the ceiling to accommodate a standard tree topper.
|Christmas Tree Height||Recommendations where to put it|
|UNDER 6 FEET||Tabletops, bedrooms, kid’s rooms, and small spaces|
|6 TO 6 ½ FEET||Areas with low ceilings|
|7 TO 7 ½ FEET||Standard 8- to 9-foot ceilings|
|8 TO 9 FEET||Rooms with high ceilings|
|10 TO 14 FEET||Public spaces and vaulted ceilings|
|15 TO 30 FEET||Tall Christmas trees for grand displays|
Choose the Christmas tree shape and width
Below is a sample chart showing how tree widths vary based on their specific shape.
|Christmas Tree Shape||Height||Width|
|Full||7 ½ feet||60 inches|
|Slim||7 ½ feet||43 inches|
|Flatback||7 feet||50 inches|
|Sparse||7 ½ feet||48 inches|
Christmas tree size conversion
|Feet and Inches||Metres and Centimetres*||What it means in practice|
|2-3 Feet||60-90cm||Popular size for a child’s bedroom|
|3-4 Feet||90-120cm||Good for apartments/shared houses|
|4-5 Feet||120-150cm||Homely size, easy to decorate|
|5-6 Feet||150-180cm||Most popular size for home & office|
|6-7 Feet||180-210cm||Maximum size for average 8ft ceiling|
|7-8 Feet||210-240cm||Will require step ladders!|
Which size tree skirt do I need?
Real vs. Artificial Christmas Trees
One of the decisions to make is whether to buy a real tree or an artificial Christmas tree.
Real Christmas Trees
Real Christmas trees are biodegradable and have the convenience of easy setup and teardown. Because they are only good for one season, they do not require storage space and sometimes cost less than an artificial tree. If you decide to purchase a real Christmas tree, you should cut the stump of the tree about half an inch (1⁄2) or so and set it in cool water immediately. So it will loose a little bit of it’s height
Artificial Christmas Tree
- Are much easier to decorate.
- Are Non–allergenic.
- Don’t attract insects or other pests.
- Have a more luxurious look.
- Last for years.
- Can be set up earlier and longer
- Don’t need water or maintenance
- Can be packed and stored.
- can be assemmbled by one person in minutes.
Other House decoration size charts
- Barbecue size and dimensions
- Weighted Blanket size charts for Adults and children
- Rug sizes for bedrooms – all rug dimensions for all sizes of beds
- Rug sizes and dimensions (with easy to use size-charts)
- Blanket sizes chart, a complete blanket dimensions guide
- Tablecloth size chart – a full guide to choose the correct size for your table
- Propane gas tank size – dimensions and weight (size charts included)
- Greenhouse Size and dimensions (the perfect size for your needs)
- Lawn Mower Battery size guide (with easy to use size charts)
- Piano Dimensions and size by type
- Aquarium Size and dimension by use and type of fish
- Solar Panel Size Guide for residence and industry
- Plant Pot size Guide and dimensions
- Light bulb Size Chart: Types and Dimension guide
- Understanding Light Bulb Base Sizes
- Coffee table Size Chart – Coffee table dimensions