Passport Photo size chart and tips to get the perfect ID picture
In this guide, we’ll answer all of your questions about passport photo size. We’ll also provide tips on how to take the perfect passport photo. The photograph should be in color and the size of 2 inch x 2 inch (51 mm x 51 mm). We outline the important items you need to know about passport photo size, including passport photo requirements for different countries. The goal is to help snap the perfect photo and make sure your photo meets all the requirements.
Nearly a quarter of a million passport photos are rejected in the US each year
While it might be tempting to just take a selfie and use that as your passport photo, it’s important to make sure your photo is taken correctly so that it’s accepted by the passport office.
If you’re not sure how to take a good passport photo, we’ve got you covered. This ultimate guide will walk you through everything you need to know, from what to wear to how to pose!
What size is a passport photo in pixels?
|Size (cm)||Size (inches)||Size (pixels)|
|5.08×5.08 cm||2×2 inches||600×600 pixels|
|3.81×3.81 cm||1.5×1.5 inches||450×450 pixels|
|3.5×4.5 cm||1.38×1.77 inches||413×531 pixels|
|3.5×3.5 cm||1.38×1.38 inches||413×413 pixels|
|3×4 cm||1.18×1.57 inches||354×472 pixels|
|5×7 cm||1.97×2.76 inches||591×827 pixels|
|3.3×4.8 cm||1.30×1.89 inches||390×567 pixels|
Common passport photo sizes
The most used passport photo sizes are 2 x 2″ and 3.5 x 4.5 cm.
Passport photo sizing around the world
Different countries have different requirements that ought to be met specifically for purposes of issuance of passports. Here are a few select examples;
- US passport photo size: The passport photo for the United States must be 2×2 inches. Your passport photo must be taken within the last 6 months, so if your photo doesn’t meet these requirements, you’ll need to retake it. In addition to being 2×2 inches, your passport photo must also be in color and have a white background. Besides getting the American passport photo size correct, photos must be clear, without shadows or red-eye, and taken against a plain background.
- UK Printed passport photos: size must be 35mm wide by 45mm high. The digital version must be at least 600 pixels wide by 750 pixels high. The actual file size must be at least 50KB and no higher than 10MB
- Canadian passport photo size: If you’re Canadian, your passport photo dimensions must be 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm. Be sure to snap a photo with these specs in mind to avoid any issues when you submit your application!
- Australian passport photo size: If you’re looking to snap a passport photo you’ll need to make sure you’re following the right dimensions. In Australia, passport photos must be 35mm x 45mm.
- Passport photo size for Europe: Pictures used on international visa, or for a local passport should be 30mm wide and 40 mm high, the face should be 70% of the picture. It could also be 35mm by 45mm, so check the regulations
- Malaysia passport photo size: If you’re looking to snap a passport photo in Malaysia, you’ll need to make sure it adheres to the standard passport photo size. For Malaysian passports, your passport photo must be 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm and taken against a white background.
- Singapore passport photo size: The passport photo size for Singapore is 3.5 x 4.5 inches. ONG Passport Photo is the official government-issued photo ID for proof of citizenship and identification in Singapore. It is an exact reproduction of the passport. It is officially issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and is accepted as proof of citizenship and identification in all countries.
- Passport photo size in Afghanistan should be about 40mm x 45mm in width and height
Make sure you have all the necessary props and tools to capture the perfect passport photo before you begin!
Tips for taking the perfect passport photo
When it comes to passport photo size, whether that means in inches, in cm or even in pixels, there are a few things you need to pay attention to in order to ensure your photo meets all the requirements. For one, passport photos must be adjusted to fit the required size – which is 2-by-2 inches. Secondly in terms of passport photo resolution, passport photos must have a resolution of 600 dpi or higher. And lastly, passport photos must have a background color that is either white or off-white.
Adjust passport photos online
ID photo size adjustment is normal and if you’re not happy with the way your passport photo turned out, or you want to make some minor adjustments, you can do so online for free. All you need is a computer and an internet connection. There are a few different websites that offer this service, but our favorite is Adobe Photoshop Express. It’s easy to use and offers a wide range of adjustments, so you can get your passport photo looking just the way you want it. If you don’t have Photoshop Express or don’t feel comfortable editing your passport photo yourself, there are a few apps that offer similar services. These apps are available for both Android and iOS devices. Using a photo size app is quick and no-brainer.
When taking a photo, have your camera and/or camera lens pointed away from you, or use a tripod. This will give you the best adobe photoshop passport photo.
The size and background color of your passport photo are two important factors to consider when taking a passport photo. The size of the photo must be 35mmx45mm, and the background must be white or off-white. If the photo is too small, it will not be accepted, and if the background is too dark, it may make it difficult to see the details of your face. When taking a passport photo, be sure to follow these guidelines to ensure that your photo will be accepted.
A black and white background ensures a sharp image of the person in the photo. The color of a passport photo should be black and white, to ensure a sharp image of the person in the photo.’ style=’ and ‘current text’: ”
ID photo size aspect ratio
The photo size aspect ratio for a passport is three-to-four inches, or 10-by-13 centimeters. The passport photo may be taken in colour or black and white, but it must be of good quality. The best passport photos are taken by passport photo services that use passport cameras with a high resolution. They know how to adjust the lighting and the background so that your passport photo meets all the requirements.
Can you take your own passport photo and get the right size?
When you take your own passport photo, make sure that there is even lighting on your face and that the background is plain. You should also use a white or off-white backdrop, as other colors may cause the passport photo to be rejected. Finally, make sure that your passport photo is in focus and that all four corners are visible. If you follow these guidelines, you can be sure that your passport photo will meet the requirements.
The passport photo size aspect ratio is not fixed. An ideal passport photo is 3×3 is. This type of picture can be taken at a distance of up to 3 meters from a camera.
Passport photo size explained
Getting your passport photo taken the right way can seem daunting, but with the right information, it can be a breeze. So whether you’re a first-time passport applicant or just need to update your photo, we’ve got you covered!
Since passport photos are often taken when you’re not expecting it, we recommend having some passport photo props on hand to help you capture the perfect shot. A good passport photo props set includes a variety of fun and festive props to help you get creative with your photos!
Related Paper Size Charts
- Poster board size by type, dimensions and usage (size-charts included)
- Passport Photo size chart and tips to get the perfect ID picture
- Picture Frame Size for photos or art – standard and special sizes
- Poster sizes in centimeters and inches (with useful size-charts)
- Box sizes for shipping, dimensions by type and company
- Postcard dimensions and sizes
- Paper Sizes Chart – ISO standard – Dimensions And Measurements
- Ansi Paper Size Chart – North America paper Sizes And Formats