AGV Helmets Sizes
What are AGV helmets? Since 1948, the premium Italian brand AGV has been producing motorcycle helmets. AGV Helmets have a long history in the racing world, and veterans like Giacomo Agostini, Barry Sheene, Kenny Roberts, Johnny Cecotto, Angel Nieto, and Marco Lucchinelli have worn them.
Valentino Rossi, the current legend, wears an AGV helmet. The aerodynamics of an AGV helmet will give a solid and dependable foundation for street and track riding, and the MX series of AGV helmets will perform exceptionally well on the dirt.
The right AGV helmet size can provide comfort and protection in various riding circumstances. The AGV brand is one of the top rivals for high-end motorcycle helmets now on the market, according to RevZilla.
See the AGV helmet sizes in this post to help you choose the one that fits you most comfortably.
Jump right into the Frequently Asked Questions
Related: LS2 Helmets Sizes
AGV Helmets Sizes Table of Contents
- AGV Helmet Sizes Chart
- How To Choose The Right AGV Helmet Size
- How To Measure AGV Helmets
- Frequently Asked Questions
AGV Helmets Size Chart
Related: Shoei Helmets Sizes
AGV Helmets has a massive stock of full-face motorcycle and open-face helmets, with dozens of replica helmets and many more. To begin with, let us show you the AGV Helmets size chart.
|Size||Hat Size||Head Circumference|
|X-Small||6 – 5/ 8 – 6-3/4||20.87” – 21.26” (53 – 54 cm)|
|Small||6-7/8- 7||21.65” – 22.05” (55 – 56 cm)|
|Medium||7-1/8- 7-1/4||22.44” – 22.83” (57-58 cm)|
|Large||7-3/8 -7-1/2||23.23” – 23.62” (59-60 cm)|
|X-Large||7-5/8 -73/4||24.02” – 24.41” (61-62 cm)|
|2X-Large||7-7/8-8||24.8” – 25.2” (63 – 64 cm)|
|3X-Large||8- 1/8 -8-1/4||25.6” – 26”(65 – 66 cm)|
|4X-Large||8-3/8 -8-1/2||26.4” – 26.8” (67 – 68 cm)|
|5x-Large||8-5/8 – 8-3/4||27” -27.5” (69 – 70 cm)|
PISTA GP R, CORSA R, VELOCE S
|Inches||20.87” – 21.26”||21.65” – 22.05”||22.44” – 22.83”||23.23” – 23.62”||23.62” – 24.02”||24.02” – 24.41”||24.8” – 25.2”|
K-5, K-3 SV, K1
COMPACT ST, FLUID
How To Choose The Right AGV Helmets Size
Choosing the suitable AGV helmet size is essential for ensuring adequate protection. They advise going to your local dealer to try on and purchase your new AGV helmet so you can obtain their professional advice and be confident you are purchasing an authentic AGV helmet.
To determine the right size for a helmet, find out which of the available AGV helmet sizes is the best fit for you by looking at our AGV helmet size chart.
Check out this video to learn more about AGV Helmets
How To Measure AGV Helmets
Make this your comprehensive, step-by-step guide for selecting the appropriate-sized helmet. You must first determine the form of your head. You can only measure your head for an AGV helmet by doing these things.
Step 1: Determine your head shape
You must determine your head shape before measuring your helmet’s size. Then, you may use the camera on your phone to snap a photo of your head from above. Three different head forms exist.
- Round oval – Your head seems almost spherical because the size of the head from top to bottom is only slightly larger than the size from side to side. When you measure your head for an AGV helmet, make sure your head is formed this way.
- Intermediate oval – Your face extends somewhat further from your head than it does from side to side. When you measure your head for a helmet, there is another factor to consider.
- Long oval – Your head is wider front to back than it is side to side and by a wider margin. This consideration should be taken when measuring a helmet’s head size.
You must determine the size of your head after determining what head shape you have. Use a seamstress measuring tape for the most accurate results when determining your head’s circumference.
You may also measure the circumference of your head with a thread before determining the length of the rope. To determine your head diameter for a helmet, wrap it around many times.
It’s essential to measure your head before buying an AGV helmet.
Step 2: Choose a helmet style
Helmets exist in various forms and designs, and each one offers a unique set of advantages to meet the multiple demands of the rider.
Some individuals choose models with full-body protection, while others favor half-face models. Here are your alternatives, whatever the situation.
- ADV dual sport
- Open-face helmets
- Half shell helmets
- Full-face helmets
- Modular helmets
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do AGV helmets run small?
Most AGVs are made with a relatively small aperture due to their sporting character, which results in a relatively tight fit around the neck and cheek region. Although many riders will find this cozy and soothing, it comes down to personal opinion.
The online opinion is that AGVs often run smaller than many of their rivals. While this isn’t inaccurate, it is slightly deceiving since the padding’s snug fit creates this impression.
2. What size is ML in an AGV helmet?
In PISTA GP R, CORSA R, VELOCE S, AGV Helmet its ML size is 59-60 cm or 23.23” – 23.62”. In K-5, K-3 SV, and K1, its ML size is 58 cm or 22.83 inches.
In AX9, its ML size is 58-59 cm or 22.83 inches. In K-5, JET 59-60 cm or 23.23 inches. In X3000, and X70, its Ml size is 57.58 or 22.44 inches.
3. How do I know my AGV helmet size?
Selecting the proper AGV helmet size is crucial for guaranteeing optimum protection. Wrap a fabric measuring tape around your head just above your eyebrows and ears to establish the appropriate helmet size.
Pull the measuring tape securely, read the length, repeat for accuracy, and use the longest measurement.
4. What is a medium size AGV helmet?
AGV Helmets medium size is 7-1/8 -7 – 1/4 with head 22.44 – 22. 83 or 57-58 cm
5. How long does an AGV helmet last?
Concerning this query, the helmet industry is mostly consistent. An AGV helmet should typically be replaced five years from the date of purchase or seven years after the date of manufacture, whichever comes first.
The internal EPS liner and comfort lining of the helmet might deteriorate over time due to variations in humidity and temperature. In the case of a collision, both of these layers are crucial for energy distribution. It’s critical to fully replace the helmet before it degrades to protect your head.
6. Where are AGV Helmets Made?
Only a few companies worldwide have the equipment to create high-quality, secure helmets. Since AGV and other businesses continually compete for contracts at the finest factories for the work, the manufacturing site is not always stable.
Regardless of the location of origin, all quality control, design, and inspection are done at the AGV facility in Valenza, Italy.
7. What Level Of Safety Do AGV Helmets Have?
All street-legal helmets in the US must comply with the DOT safety standard; hence, all AGV helmets in their US range have received this certification.
Additionally, most AGV helmets have the European standard ECE 22.05 safety grade. More information about this qualification is available here. Except for the Diesel and K3 helmets, the current AGV helmet lineup maintains its ECE classification.
8. How do AGV Helmets fit?
AGV especially prefers to provide a more egg-shaped design, while all helmets are based on the natural form of the human head, which is halfway between round and oval.
As a result, the helmet’s rear is notably broader than its front, and its overall form tends to be round or oval. AGV features a variety of shapes within the lineup; however, the majority lies between the intermediate oval and the round oval.
This AGV helmet is one of the finest in its category since it is well-designed, comfortable, and manufactured with high-quality materials. The ideal choice for both urban and motorbike journeys.
There are numerous alternatives, and they are highly adaptable and comfy helmets. The newest AGV Helmets are now among the finest.
If you have any concerns, comment down below.
Picture in this post is from CycleNews.com
Related to AGV Helmets Sizes
- AGV Helmets Sizes
- Car Parking Space: What Is The Average Size?
- Arai Helmets Sizes
- Helicopter Sizes and Different Types
- License Plate Size US Dimensions
- What is my Driving Gloves Size?
- Shoei Helmets Sizes
- Rooftop Tent Size Chart
- KTM Bike Sizes
- Chicco Infant Car Seat Size
- Graco Infant Car Seat Size and How to Install It
- Toyota Tire Size Guide (Size Charts and Dimensions Included)
- Infant Car Seat Size Explained in Detail by age, weight & height
- Chevrolet Tire Size Guide for Different Models
- Britax car seat size chart by model, weight and age
- U-Haul Truck Size: Choose the right sized moving truck
- Trailer Ball Size Chart – Know What Works Best for your trailer/rv
- Ram tire size guide for all models (size charts and dimensions included)
- Wiper Blades Size chart by type, model and brand
- Bell helmet sizing chart – Helmet sizes for youth, women and men
- Yeti Cooler Size Chart And Comparison
- Skateboard helmet size chart and fitting guide
- Motorcycle helmet size chart : fitting and dimensions for safe riding
- RV Mattress Size Chart – Ultimate Buying Guide
- Car cover size chart: a complete guide by car size